G&G Top Tech T-418 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Top Tech T-418 Review

OK. Here is my review of the G&G Top Tech T-418. I will attempt to breakdown the review into stages to give clear understanding of the pros and cons of the rifle.

I decided to buy one of these AEG’s after seeing and getting hands on with friends one last weekend. I was running with a TM SOPMOD CQB and he was obviously using the T-418. The range and built quality on this gun blew my mind – it genuinely outranged my SOPMOD Recoil and felt to be of a similar quality – but just 50% of the price. Hence, I’ve now sold my SOPMOD and replaced it with this beauty of a T-418.
    Firstly, the first impressions – generally, I’m very impressed. The packaging is very high quality and has nice colouring to the box with nice details and logo’s etc. It feels very good quality and is made of good materials as opposed to some packaging you receive AEG’s in.

Box Inner.jpg
    Box Outer.jpg

Inside – you’re also expecting good quality polystyrene, nice and thick around the places that matter and very sturdy feeling. All compartments are separated nicely and do a great job of protecting the gun through transit. You also get a nice manual along with the screwdriver and sight adjustment tool.
    In the box you will receive:
    1 x T-418 AEG
    1 x G&G 300rd HI-CAP Mag (Very good quality)
    1 x Unjamming/Cleaning Rod
    1 x Screwdriver
    1 x Sight Adjustment Tool
    1 x Manual/G&G Promo Booklet

Built Quality/Quality Control:
    Upon picking up the AEG out of the box, you’ll soon see that G&G have upped their game. It’s a very nice weight and feels absolutely solid without any real rattles or shaky bits. The vast majority of the AEG is made of a high quality metal with a very nice flat paintjob. The stock & pistol grip are made of good quality ABS Plastic and feel very solid in hand.

Right Side.jpg
    Mag.jpg

Metal Parts:
    Receiver (Upper & Lower) + Full assembly
    RIS System
    Outer Barrel + Flash-hider
    Front & Rear Sights
    Stock Tube

High Quality ABS Parts:

Stock
    Pistol Grip

Left Side.jpg

The Weapon & It’s PRO’s & CON’s (Front to back)

Flashider & Outer Barrel:
    The flashider is a nice touch and a little bit different to what you’d normally find on a 416 replica – it’s in the style of the SCAR flashiders and is standard CCW 14mm thread. This can easily be removed to allow the use of silencers/other accessories. The outer barrel is very solid with no wobble whatsoever. It also has a clone gas-block and the front sight which sit just underneath the front of the RIS. The front sight is a bit wobbly – doesn’t lock and stay nice and tightly in position which may be a negative if you’re very picky; personally it doesn’t bother me at all as it locks in the up and down positions fine.

RIS System
    The RIS is of a very good quality – with a nice flat finish and looks like it will take quite a battering. It follows the standard HK416 RIS shape and also ‘locks’ into the upper receiver RIS (Monolithic) which is also a nice touch and makes it very sturdy. This may limit the possibility to change RIS systems, but why would you want to!

Receiver

The receiver follows the growing pattern – it’s lovely. It’s solid, has no wobble and no gaps between the upper and lower which is a nice benefit. It has stamped trades – specific to the G&G TT range. One thing worth noting is the magwell – as it’s a 416, is has a much more ‘square’ magwell which means mags such as PMAG’s will not fit this weapon. It will however take standard M4 mags and feed very well with a huge range of mags from many manufacturers.
    It also has an ambidextrous fire selector which actually works – you can see on both sides of the receiver if it’s in safe, semi or full auto (nice touch!)

Close-up.jpg
    Trades.jpg

Pistol grip - Now, I have to give this its own little section as I LOVE the pistol grip. It feels extremely comfortable in hand, and has a nice rubberised finish to it which means it actually gives you GRIP!

Stock & Stock Tube
    The stock tube is a good quality standard stock tube which allows the use of a very nice crane stock which comes as standard. The stock allows for the use of either crane stock Lipo (7.4v suggested) and up to 9.6v 1600mah nimh crane stock batteries which gives a good couple of possibilities. The stock is of good quality and has a nice rubber butt pad fitted also. It clicks into each hole in the stock tube cleanly and holds very well (minimal wobble).

Extra nice features of the AEG:
    Ok, this AEG is ‘more’ than a standard AEG, the reasons for this include the working bolt release (enables you to set hop-up easily), high quality upgraded silicone wiring to allow more efficient transfer of current and increase trigger response. This also has the G&G pneumatic blowback which is a nice addition. Working spring release to de-compress the gearbox after use which is a very handy feature and works well every time.

Now – onto the next and most important stage:

Internal part quality and performance:
    The internals in this gun are of a very good quality – G&G have clearly upped their game since their last releases and the new Top Tech range is very tasteful. It comes fitted with a 6.04 Tightbore barrel as standard which means you don’t have to upgrade it. It also comes with a nice G&G newly redesigned PLASTIC hop-unit. Together, these give very good results in terms of range and accuracy (outranges and is more accurate than my standard TM SOPMOD Recoil). I’m personally a big believer in the plastic hop units in both this and my TM and won’t be upgrading this in the future as it’s good quality and provide a better air seal than the conventional metal chambers.

I am assured and have seen photos of the gearbox internals – and can tell they are very good quality again, I haven’t stripped it down and probably won’t be unless anything goes wrong.

Performance:

I am running mine on a 7.4v 1450mah Lipo battery, fully charged and testing the gun (apart from chrono) on blaster 0.25g BB’s.

FPS is very stable – returning results between 346-347 on 0.2g BB’s between 10 shots.
    Range is very impressive – my garden is the only place I can test it at the moment, but my garden is 120FT long and I’ve been hitting a 15cm x 15cm target accurately on semi auto for 20-50 shots (not a single shot has missed). I’ve seen my friend’s rifle used at a site – and I was extremely impressed.
    Trigger Response is very nice and crisp on the 7.4v Lipo – has a nice ROF and will shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger on semi auto with no lockups.

Price: The standard price for these AEG’s is £289.95 from Zero-One, but can vary from other suppliers. This is a very good price, for a very good AEG that I will be running as my primary. This will also include 1 year guarantee & warranty as standard – other suppliers also vary as mentioned.

Overview:
    If you are looking for a solid, high quality, well thought-out and reliable AEG – I genuinely believe this is the one. It comes in both the longer T-418 and the shorter T-418 Light models which gives good variation. This gun has a great trigger response, great built quality and fantastic range and accuracy as standard. It comes with upgraded parts as standard – so there’s no need to invest in new parts straight away. I personally am likely to buy the T-418 light as well, just because I love this so much – which says something on its own.

Grading:
    Packaging – 8/10
    Parts & Built Quality: 8.5/10
    Reliability – 9/10
    Paint Finish – 8/10
    Range & Accuracy – 8/10
    Price & Availability – 8.5/10

Overall: 8.3 out of 10

If you have any questions about this AEG – feel free to either PM or ask on the thread. I can also get further pictures if wanted 

Re: G&G Top Tech T-418 Review

Very nice.
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aaron-hill09 Find out more about aaron-hill09
    Working...
    X