Collapse

G&G T4-18 .vs. VFC HK416 advise please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G T4-18 .vs. VFC HK416 advise please?

Hey guys and gals,

I want to know what the overall differences are between the G&G T4-18 (Gen 3 + MOSFET) and the latest VFC HK416 as I am interested in buying one pretty soon.

I am looking for a weapon with decent range (I don't really care about the power as much) as I play in woodland where long range weapons are a huge game changer. I already have a sniper rifle but I am interested in having a AEG to replace my G&G CQB-R (Gen 2).

Thanks very muchly

P.S. If you want to know anything else then ask me
    Own:
    - GHK G5, TM Sig Sauer P226, G&G TR4 CQB-R
    Wanted:
    - TM M870 Breacher, TM VSR-10 G Spec
    Selling:
    - VFC HK417 DMR

Well to kick this off, i know it doesn't matter to everyone but the vfc externals are going to be alot better and closer copy of the rs.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Comment

Re: G&G T4-18 .vs. VFC HK416 advise please?

Having played and disassembled both of these guns, I'd definitely go with the VFC. As above, the externals are much nicer. No doubt the G&G version has good externals, but the VFC has great externals. Think it's a combo of nicer materials and better QC.

Another thing I ought to mention is reliability. G&G internals are good, but the gearbox shells are crap. There are worse out there for sure, but for the price you are paying, you should be getting better. I have repaired one of these guns before, because it had a cracked gearbox shell. Also, 2 people at my local site have had this problem aswell. It's not uncommon, so bare this in mind aswell. (You can always and install Sorbothane into the gearbox immediately, and I'd recommend doing this with any new gun)

If it were my money, I'd go VFC. In know there is a price difference, but you get more gun for the money.

Comment

The g&g has better range out of the box due to the green hop . The vfc has better externals and no blowback . A change of hop rubber and the range will be similar to the g&g gun .
        The vfc will have a 1 year warranty , the g&g can have up to two years warranty .
        The g&g boxes will break if a metal piston is fitted .
        The vfc is more upgradeable than the g&g internally .
        The g&g magwell will need modding to use p&e mags
        Both are good guns for different reasons .
        The g&g will have better trigger response and be 11.1 capable out of the box due to its pre fitted MOSFET .
        Last edited by Stealthkiller; 28 August, 2013, 08:08.

Comment

I'd go VFC. As previously stated G&G guns have fragile gearbox shells. The externals (whilst good on the G&G) will be significantly better on the VFC, so it would be my choice as internals can be easily replaced.
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

All standard version 2 gearbox shells are prone to breaking at the front due to their design weakness. A Lonex gearbox fits perfectly into a vfc 416 whereas it Dosnt in a g&g gun .
            With vfc its a case of average internals that will break eventually .so upgrade as it fails . At least you will have no compatability problems due to its lack of blowback . Fit a MOSFET and new hop rubber and it will match the g&g out of the box . But with nicer externals . To see its full capability look at the black ops version which is fully upgraded . But expensive !

Comment

Cheers for the reviews guys, I don't really care much for looks I prefer performance over looks every time. I would like to see how the two weapons perform in person but I don't think that'll happen anytime soon unless I look on youtube for it.

Does anyone know what the ranges compare to?
              Own:
              - GHK G5, TM Sig Sauer P226, G&G TR4 CQB-R
              Wanted:
              - TM M870 Breacher, TM VSR-10 G Spec
              Selling:
              - VFC HK417 DMR

Comment

Did you ever decide?

I'm going through the same process now. The VFC seems to be out of stock everywhere as well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hillad00 Find out more about Hillad00
                Working...
                X