WE SMG8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE SMG8

Ok I'm thinking of getting a WE SMG8. But I don't know a lot about it. Does anyone know if they are worth buying

Re: WE SMG8

I've heard they can be very unreliable on full auto, often double feeding and jamming. However on semi they feed perfectly 9 times out of 10. Obviously they aren't as high build quality as the more expensive kwa and tm models but for the money its great. Also bear in mind that the we smg8 is a little larger than the actual mp7.

Comment

I had to send mine back. The mag that came with it fitted fine but the others I got went In didnt lock into place dropped about 2-3 cm then locked. Something to do with a manufacturing fault apparently. Should be back with me today at some point were I can really test it.
      sigpic

The bigger they are, the harder they fall but the more it hurts when they land on you!

Comment

I was looking at the KWA MP7 but it's so expensive, And the mags are expensive to like £50.00 each. I Saw on youtube that full auto can be crap.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that review you put on here. But besides the mags. Whats the gun like

Comment

Once the mag issue is sorted out I expect it to perform very well. All of WEs GBBRs are exceptional. I imagine the feeding issue mentioned is down to the aforementioned mag issue. Wait for the gen 2 is my advise.

Comment

The European model should be available in a month or two. It's worth waiting for the one that's built for our climate instead of grabbing a grey import.

Comment

SMG8s that are in the UK were not official imports and did not have the final finishing the official version will have .

personally i hate the styling though and still love my KSC japan version

Comment

Even for the price, it's not my cup 'o joe. I'd save for the KWA or TM version, both are more polished and faithful replicas.
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

the one thing going for the WE is the size is bang on but it's ruined by the styling

Comment

Dont buy the SMG-8 just yet, I was talking to the head on of WE Europe and he said to me wait until the gen 2 version of it comes out which has apparently fixed most of the gen 1's problems

Comment

Gen 1, otherwise known as "whoopsie, pre-production prototype, slipped through QA, again! SORRY NO REFUNDS. ^_^"
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brett 8047 24 Yrs old and I love air soft. Find out more about Brett 8047
                      Working...
                      X