Jg g3 ras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jg g3 ras

A few weeks ago I got my UKARA number through and started looking at various options to get me started in airsoft so when a used JG G3 RAS came up for sale on my local skirmish sites' forum I snapped it up. The gun also came with 3 hi cap mags and a mini battery.

Externals

I’ve used JG AKs in the past as my local skirmish site has a bunch of them for hire and I was impressed. No creaks, a lot of metal and all the goodies you expect from, say, an ICS AEG. The G3, however, was a bit of a disappointment. The upper receiver is made entirely of a plastic and creaks a bit. I am, however, convinced that this is to wear and not how it would come from the factory.

That said however JG have done a fine job of making the gun balanced weight wise. The front RIS handguard is a huge chunk of machined metal which makes up most of the weight of the gun. However if you were to replace the solid stock with a retractable one I think the gun would be too front heavy.

Overall though the gun looks good and the rails are a big plus. I think, however, a sling is a must. I'd also reccomend getting a spring loaded bipod for when you are lying prone. If I ever get some spare cash I think I'll be fitting a metal upper receiver too to make it look uber cool.

Internals

When I originally wrote this review I hadn't had the chance to look inside the gearbox but I have now so here's a newbies view on the guts.

Firstly the gearbox was horribly over greased. When I took it apart I got covered in gunk but lets just say that my inept disassembly took care of the gunk. The gears seemed to be on par with what I've read about JG gears. That, though, is about as far as my technical knowledge goes I'm afraid.

As for performance I haven't had a chance to really give it a good breaking in yet but the range is pretty good on .2s. As for accuracy I won't be able to make any informed judgements until my next skirmish but accuracy seems decent enough. (I rarely aim as such so this doesnt bother me). Muzzle velocity is around the 320fps mark with .2s and an 8.4v 3700 battery as it came pre-downgraded. The rate of fire seems to be quite high too. Will see about getting it chronoed properly at my next skirmish. One thing I will say however is that the gearbox is incredibly loud.

The only problem I have with it at the minute is that it will only fire in fully automatic mode which isnt a major problem IMO. Also I suspect the stock won't take a 9.6v battery as my 8.4v barely fits.

Conclusion

All in all I'm pleased with it. It's a good first AEG with decent range and ROF. I will aim to update this thread as I use it more and as I get used to it. Either way I hope this is helpful to anybody considering a JG G3. I personally would buy this new and based on my experiences with the G3 I have already considered buying JG again.

Anyway here are some pictures:

[img=http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2199/dsc0108q.th.jpg]
    [img=http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3928/dsc0107h.th.jpg]
    [img=http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/386/dsc0104bz.th.jpg]

(Sorry they're links...using imageshack as a stop gap until I can find somewhere other than photobucket)

Re: Jg g3 ras

There you go mate. For future reference, just right click the image (while you're in imageshack and select view image. Copy and paste that into the forum using the picture icon above the message box.

Nice review, though in my experience, they're always creaky due to the length of the front end on a plastic body.
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers for that (:
      I think a full metal upper receiver would likely fix that issue but they are incredibly expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan2390 View Post
        Cheers for that (:
        I think a full metal upper receiver would likely fix that issue but they are incredibly expensive.
        full metal reciever does that. i've got one on my G3ras. makes it quite a heavy gun though.

the only problem i have is the sling. i've got (what seems to be) a propper leather G3 sling. its just about 4inches to short for me which means i cant have the gun slung if i want to shoulder it properly.

this gun would also make an excellent DMR. mines firing 331fps with decent accuracy. but either a twist-barrell or locking it to semi and increasing it to 425fps would make it even better.

Comment

Well I've just got myself a Classic Army G36K as I find the G3 a bit cumbersome at one of main skirmish sites.

However I had considred getting a mount, scope and tightbore. Also it fires around 320 anyhow so what sort of loss in muzzle velocity and increase in accuracy would I expect If I were to use .25s?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ryan2390 Find out more about ryan2390
          Working...
          X