Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 TR Review

Hello all,
    My second review here and this time I'll be looking at the Tokyo Marui P90 TR. Id like to keep this one short and to the point, forgive me if theres any issues with the review Ill give it a proof read and if theres anything Ive said thats incorrect please post!

So, to the main feature rankings we go:

Pro's:

-Reliable, TM V6? GB is quick and quite crisp
    -Fun to hold, after you figure out how
    -Looks brutal
    -Excellent accuracy and surprising range for such a shot weapon
    -Fairly solid
    -Comes with silencer
    -Breaks down very easily indeed for maintenance

Con's:

-Not user friendly to all
    -Mags and virtually all aftermarket parts quite costly
    -Hi-caps are notoriously faulty
    -Made with the TM eeky-creeky plastic
    -Awkwardly placed Hop adjustment
    -The price

Included in the box:

-TM P90 TR
    -1x P90 low cap mag (68rnds)
    -TM SOCOM Type silencer (metal)
    -Regular TM P90 Flash Hider (metal)
    -250x Factory free BBs
    -Various instructions and sheet, most are in Japanese
    -Free TM Branded paper targets

Ok so onward to the review bits, we'll move from the rear of the gun to the front and then give an overall impression.

Stock: Stock houses the battery, this can be either a "mini" or "J" type battery, rear stock plate slides off to reveal cavity and the connectors. Removing the rear stock plate also reveals the GB and simple removal of the screws will give you access to remove etc. The actual way of gripping the P90 is much different than any other weapon and is one of its best features. The gun is supported mainly by your hand of choice on the trigger, the other hand is only there to stabilise the wepon and and aid in aiming. The P90 is also a completely ambidextrous gun, so if your a lefty no worries here. Fire selector is located directly beneath the trigger and is a simple Safe, semi, auto setup. This feature is also ambidextrous friendly as well.

Main Body: Entirely ABS plastic, as forementioned this is the old TM special eeky-creeky kind. Whilst this provides some annoyance with a battery installed in the gun the amount of creek is drastically reduced. The fact that the body is pretty much hollow contributes to the creek so if your bored with some filler cream...

Mag Cavity: Now heres the distinguishing bit about the P90 you'll either hate- the mags and reloading. Now in my opinion reloading the gun is a complete dawdle and took no practice what-so-ever, but again personal preference. The gun is of course a bullpup and does provide the ever important accuracy and range that we all like. Within the mag well there is also the release button to slide the top reciever out, simple press and push the reciever forward-simples! The mag release button is situated just at the back of the mag and its a pull to release sytem.

Mag: One of the coolest mags in the world surely? Heavens yes! and TM have done a stirling job putting faux bullets in for your viewing pleasure as well. The low-caps feed flawlessly, no leaving of 2/3 BBs at the end, every shot is fed seemlessly. The less said about the high caps the better-avoid.

Top Reciever: OK so this is where we differ from your standard P90. On the TR (which stands for tri-rail) you have 3, yes 3, rails in which to mount your RIS goodies. So yeah grenade launcher on top...maybe a floodlight on the side and we'll finish off we ooo say a tactical balloon pump? The possibilites are endless. The rails on the side as theyre shorter are quite handy for mounting lasers and flashlights onand its worth noting that these two short rails are made of metal. The Top rail of the TR is rather nifty as it has a small iron sight on it for aiming without any form of scope attached. Another nice feature is the flash hider, now with the gun youll get your silencer and regular flash hider. You cant have both on at the same time which is a downside but nonetheless the silencer wont make any difference anyway. The actual threads are AFAIK clockwise 14mm and theres a handy wee gadget that you can turn around to make your flashhider sit a certain way- more useful than youd think!OK its worth noting that the flashhider thread, flashhider itself and the silencer are all metal, these are the only bits that are metal on the gun. Yet another nice feature of this reciever is the faux cocking handle which is retractable but does absolutely nothing, more fun than anything else.

Internals: I havnt cracked this gun open yet and had a nosy but standard internals are a TM V6? GB with regular TM internals etc nothing fancy or strange. The spring is the usual TM 280FPS.

So overall the gun is quite a dinky thing, reports that taller players will struggle I have found unfounded- as a 6ft, 5 player with gibbon length arms Ive had no problem grasping, using and playing with a P90. But personal preference folks, up to yourselves! Ive had a lot of fun even just holding the gun, and was more than surprised by the range and accuracy I got from it-hammered my AKS74 (fitted with promenthius hop) into the ground everytime.

OK folks so that pretty much concludes our look at the TM P90 TR, any questions please post away and Ill get back ASAP.

Thanks for reading!

Lack of photos right now, will be fixed soon.
    Last edited by Liquid_snake; 6 April, 2010, 21:04.
    Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Re: TM P90 TR Review

thanks for that tremendous review
    as you probably know i am looking for one at the moment.
    many thanks
    jmusa
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Great review, enjoyed reading it! :D - Would be even better to get a few pictures of the little blighter, especially inside.

Comment

Review was originally posted on arnies and the links didnt work here so deleted them out of the post. I shall begin reposting the links here:

If the mods could edit this into the original post thatd be lovely!
        Trader feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8590

Comment

How does this compare to non tr version? Is it the pr ?
          Knowledge is power

Comment

Nice review, have you had any problems with the gun jamming on semi auto or a complete lockup on rapid fire semi auto?
            sigpic
            Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liquid_snake Find out more about Liquid_snake
            Working...
            X