Silverback Bison Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverback Bison Review

I've owned my Silverback Bizon for a couple of months now, so i felt pretty confident that i'd got to know the gun and given it chance to break in the field. Here are my thoughts on the gun;

Externals - Exceptional external quality with the full steel construction, stock feels solid when extended or folded, but does not fold away easily and needs upward force to lock into onto the pin (said pin will become loose and may fall out if repeatedly hit by the stock). Fire selector was originally very loose and would drop from full auto to semi, although i was able to tighten it up.

Internals - Shot 349 - 352 FPS out of the box with no modifications at all, had no trouble with the gearbox or motor, however the mid-cap mags will occasionally mis-feed when you are down to the last 20 or so rounds.

Performance - Fairly accurate and tight left/right shot groupings for a small-ish barreled gun with above average range. Hop-up unit isn't that easy to adjust as it is a sliding tab style adjuster which is very stiff - this means that your hop will not change mid game, but is fiddly to adjust. Competitive rate of fire, although its nothing to rave about, and the gun has been running LiPo batteries with no trouble.

Practicality - The mags can be a pain in the arse to change mid fire-fight, as even when hooked into the front of the gun there is some side to side movement available before you lock them in place, so ensure they line up properly before slamming it home. 160 round mid-cap mag supplied fits snuggly once in place but as mentioned tends to miss-feed once nearly empty. Only jammed once or twice and that was easily fixed with a cleaning rod. Surprisingly heavy gun considering its size, but still easily manageable.

Other notes - Whilst i have had a lot of fun with this gun and love it to pieces, it is simply too impractical in the field to be able to recommend it - the amount of times i have been shot during a re-load is mad. Probably not worth the asking price for a brand new gun, but if your interested in a Bizon, its because you want a Bizon, and for that reason it is a joy to own. HOWEVER - it may be worthwhile to be patient and wait for the LCT version that may or may not be released soon.

I hope this has been helpful for people, leave a reply below if you have any questions. I have also posted a video review of this gun on YouTube, which you can find below;

About the Author

Collapse

Dale Burgess Find out more about Dale Burgess
Working...
X