Review Wanted - HK417 GBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Wanted - HK417 GBB

I know it's probably still a little early as I've only seen one UK site which apparently has them for sale, but I'm really interested to know if the GBB 417 is any good. I've seen a couple of youtube videos and it looks and sounds fantastic, but I would like an unbiased view from someone who has had hands on for a while. I have the AEG 417 and love it and am looking at getting a GBB as my next big purchase. It'll be either a 416 or a 417. I know the externals will be top notch, but I'm interested to know how well it fires and if the internals will last.

No major rush for the review, like I say I know it's very new and I won't be buying for a couple of months yet.
    The only stupid question is one that was never asked.

Re: Review Wanted - HK417 GBB

There is one on Arnies might be worth checking out.

Comment

I'll have a look, cheers.

Comment

Saying that Arnies is actually down for maintenance or something at the moment so I would give it a day or so! Not sure whats happening to be honest!

Comment

Got a couple at the shop.

Lovely kit externally wise.

However at the moment the buffer spring puts me off. It's so 'clangy' it ruins it.

Mag's are nice and big and hold a decent amount of gas which is good.

Once I've had a proper play I'll try and attempt a review for you.

Comment

Arnies is back up online so you can check the review out on there.

Comment

I'm currently a couple of thousand rounds through the system and there is no major issues yet. The only problems I've encountered is with the magazines. Part of the bb housing on 3 out of my 5 mags needed filing to enable the bbs to feed correctly as they would jam up.

I'm really liking the rifle although on .2's it chrono's at roughly 400 (green gas), so I've been using it as a DMR.

My review is up on Arnies as mentioned above, here are a couple of video reviews I've done. Also on my channel I've put up magazine disassembly guide outlining the jamming fix.

http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Thanks guys, I've actually already watched your videos Bada bing and they made me want the 417 even more. I've not ready your review on Arnies, but I will when I've next got a bit of time. I look forward to hearing your comments blytm.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Super64 Find out more about Super64
                Working...
                X