Collapse

Review wanted: G&G AK GIMS with mosfet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review wanted: G&G AK GIMS with mosfet.

Like the look of these and seems to be a good comprehensive package you get along with the AEG.
    Seen a couple of " reviews" on YT but wondered how actual users have got on with these, are the lipo handgaurds a useless gimmick or actually very good?, Is the stock comfy?, is the B/back any good compared to TM, how does it shoot?
    Any reviews or advice appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Review wanted: G&G AK GIMS with mosfet.

i have the GKMS and have had one since they were release. they are great guns straight out of the box, no need to upgrade any thing about them. i only have two issues:
    the full auto rate of fire is insane @ 1500+ rounds per minuet. this could be a pro for some
    and you can't realy have the lower hand guard on all the time as it contains the battery. (i would have liked to display mine.)
    now for the pros:
    Stamped steel and wood construction is realy nice.
    there is no wobble in mine, and the stock is very sturdy and robust
    The hop and and accuracy are excellent. mine has a 6 inch grouping at 25 meters
    mag that comes with it is good, how ever i did get a lonex flash mag for mine
    it comes with two 11.1v battery's and its proprietary charger. (proprietary batterys and charger may be a con for some)
    1 Battery lasts all day
    trigger response is excellent
    its heavy, almost a realistic weight (mine been about 3.6kg and a real ak been 3.4kg) (pro for me but possibly a con for some)

i would go as far as to say it is one of the best guns i have ever owned and i am not one bit disappointed with my purchase. any other questions please feel free to ask

Comment

Very good overall feedback then Dark. G&G do put nice weapons together, very impressed with the cheap CM16's and the PM5' s I have owned and used, Having never used LIPO's before I think this could my main area of concern particularly as they are attached to the foregrip, I guess from your feedback they have to be stored separate from the gun? Is the charger that comes with the package reliable? Do the handgaurd betteries need to be discharged? Or do you charge and then just top up charge after a day's play? (very naive when it comes to the whole lipo thing��)

Comment

lipo's realy get a bad rap tbh. the lipos in the hand guards come incased in hard plastic so they are highly shock resistant and will never be a problem. the charger is as simple as plug into the wall plug into the battery, the onboard chip dose all the rest for you.
        the only reason i store them seprate from the gun is because i dont like leaving batterys in my gun, incase some one dose go into my cupboard no accidently discharges. the charger packaged with the gun is a good bulid quality and much smaller than most smart chargers. but that because all it ever dose is charge 1 type of battery. as far as im aware no discharging is required. and there isant a facility to do it with the charger. i normaly recharge them after every game befor i put them away for storage.
        o and another thing i forgot to mention, it comes with a very comprehensive manual. with all the exsploded views and how to's

Comment

Thanks Dark, that's all very reassuring should I decide to go ahead with purchase.
          Thank you very much for info, appreciated ��

Comment

Decided to take the plunge and hopefully a nice new shiny "GIMS" arriving tomorrow ��, Dark do you know if they all use the same lower receivers and would therefore be able to accommodate the various G&G mags that are available?, I Like the look of the G&G black and brick coloured ABS type hi-cap and mid's and would hope they fit and feed well?, I note you use Lonex flash mags, I take it they work and feed well to?

Comment

from what i have heard all G&G ak mags are compatible, but that is merely a rumor and i have not tested it as of yet. as for the flash mag, they do feed well. how ever they can be particular about the angle they are held while whinding bbs when they are lower on ammo. more so than there standard hi cap. not sure why that is

Comment

Thanks Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo1 View Post
                  Thanks Dark.
                  How did you get on with it in the end? I was going to get the GIMS buy went for the GK74N as I love the ak74.

Comment

Love it mate! Great package, great weapon, very accurate, ROF brilliant ��
                    Only downside was having to sand the front grips a bit to get the locking mechanism to click into place, oh and the weight, heavy bugger but just adds to the realism.
                    G&G have certainly put some nice AK's together at this level, another chap at the site where I play picked up the full stock version and loves it to.

Comment

Sounds great mate I had the RK47 before and it was brilliant.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mojo1 Find out more about Mojo1
                      Working...
                      X