jg hk416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jg hk416

i recently aquired the jg hk416. originally chosen because its a rifle with an interesting appearance but with the added bonus of taking m4 parts. i didnt want a rifle that i see all the time at skirmishes so it seemed prety ideal.

pro's:
    high power. after a thousand rounds its sittin nicely on the ground zero limit.
    good accuracy for a rifle with a short barrel.
    the ris rails and great and very sturdy.
    takes tm m4 gearbox parts (and other makes as far as i can see) i.e. easy to access upgrades and replacements.
    strong feel to the gun even from the abs parts.
    good balance and with the ris rails is a prime candidate for a box mag and a bi pod.
    the included sights (with a 4 stage adjuster for differing distances feels good and is fully metal.
    high rof with the included battery.
    the stock is good. there have been complaints about the jg extendible stock but i havent got a problem with this one at least.

con's:
    external battery box does push the weight forward but does make the gun more unique.
    high fps means you can't skirmish it out of the box. it needs some bedding in before hand to bring it down to 350.
    the included mini connectors are good but i have replaced them with deans for a slightly higher rof and more reliability.
    a short barrel really holds this gun back. with a few more inches this gun would be unbeatable. (can be achieved by extending the barrel into a silencer)

other than those cons i think this gun is fantastic and although i havent skirmished it as of yet ill put up the details after this weekend. in the garden it certainly performs well up to about 30 meters hitting a small target consistantly.

well worth a look if your on a budget or want something easy to use and fix etc but want something a bit different.

feel free to ask questions or add things on that i have missed.:D
    TEAM TG: 'TWO TONE'

BRAVO

Re: jg hk416

Which version have you got then? I actually havent seen the latests 416's with an external battery box, the latest full metal 416 I have seen has it jammed into the club foot stock. Had my eyes on the 416 tbh, seems like an ace alternative to the M4 and in my oppinion looks way better!

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

it is a great gun. i skirmished it for the first time today and there were no problems with it at all. good rof, good accuracy with a little spread. overall im very pleased. the screw holding the stock tube came loose during the day. it only needed to be tightened up (after a quick analysis after i got home.) but it had no effect on play. just a bit worrying when you dont know what the problem was.

my version is the one with the pqr box because i heard some comments as to the security of the crane stock butt cap as it did not sit tightly and kept coming off.

overall i love the gun and recomend it to you sir along with anyone else who likes the idea of their own aeg but doesnt want to spend massive amounts of cash.

BRAVO

Comment

id second this, its a great gun, unless the trigger mech breaks like mine has need to get it repaired

Comment

I'll third this for sure. I absolutely love mine. My first gun, and I'm glad I spent so long deciding what to buy (Had it almost a year now)

I have the later version, full metal, without the PEQ box. Had no issues with the crane stock's butt cap at all. Very solid gun (Although the front end does need tightening).

One thing to watch is that they're very hot out of the box... as we found out mine was firing at 450fps, no modifications and even after a good bedding in - a new spring will sort it out though.

Hoping to add a tightbore and pimp it a bit for the weekender, should improve it no end

(p.s. lol necro posting)
          Armoury: JG Full Metal HK416

Comment

ther trigger assembly broke on mine. seem to be a recurring problem with them.
            Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
            I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

iv had mine nearly a year now great aeg.

i did have a few problems with it though, the piston burst on its 2nd outting and then the trigger assembly broke, requiring a new gearbox shell.

since ive got it, ive installed a 6.03 TB, new hop bucking, new gear box.

it was extreamly hot out the box 432.6fps with .20s.

but i got it downgraded to 328fps with .20s and im using .30s now.
              very accurate and good great rof, many people keep offering to buy it lol.

love it myself, just a shame bout the weak gearbox shell.

Comment

mines now 2 weeks away from its 1 year birthday,
                althoughits not really the same gun as it used to be lol.
                tm hop unit and rubber, mad bull tightbore, rear wired to a folding stock with a battery bag(originally had a full stock, but one of my mates fell onto it), a red dot sight and a 1 joule spring.
                still love it to peices, and although the plastic body is looking to get replaced to make it completely bullet proof.
                ive played with many guns but i have never played with one that has performed so consistantly for this long.
                havent heard of the trigger problem before, spose i got a nice one.
                although ive spent alot on it over the year, all you really need is a tightbore and a tm hop up rubber.
                beautiful gun, i might as well sell my sr25, its simply not on the same level :-)

BRAVO

Comment

I love mine since i didnt want an m4 like everyone else, iv got the full metal with the club stock, modified mosfet plus gearbox upgrades and it has a great ROF and it accurate.

Love it!

Matt
                  sigpic
                  Magpul CTR Stock + MOE PTS Handguard PM Me

Comment

my mate bought one of these on my advice... it has broken 3 times piece of shite put me of chinasofts... stick with the better makes unless you know how to fix them

Comment

you might have just got a bad un as i know quite a few pwople who have em and i have one myself (although mines no longer really JG apart from the front RIS) and none of us have had any problems whatsoever.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

neverseemecoming Find out more about neverseemecoming
                      Working...
                      X