G3 but which one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 but which one

Hi im looking for a G3 but not sure which to got for, im looking at one on Z1 the CA SAR Taktik II Pro-line, what are they like?

Thanks
    sigpic
    Magpul CTR Stock + MOE PTS Handguard PM Me

Re: G3 but which one

hi

I have a TM G3, its the SG1 type with the fold away bi-pod. I got my second hand and its got its first field test tomorrow. So far I must say im very please with it, in terms of simplicity. I managed to install a new hop bucking and nub (something i had never done on any gun) in about 45mins (once i found a guide for it). Stripping it down to clean and maintain is fairly straight forward (from what i have seen all the TM G3 variants are simillar in take down). From stock fps to 350 is just spring and bearing upgrade as has metal gears already.

Only draw back with this particular version that I can see people might consider is, its quite long (with a silencer on its longer than my VSR g-spec)

Hope that helps, if you want to know how she does in the field feel free to PM

Comment

But doesnt the TM one have a plastic body? if so thats abit of a downer realy.

Well iv got my mp5 as my back up so i want a nice big rifle for my main so size isnt realy a problem.
      sigpic
      Magpul CTR Stock + MOE PTS Handguard PM Me

Comment

I have the TM G3SG1 with upgraded spring fires at 350. 6.03 tightbore and new hop rubber. i find it very very good rifle , i can use it as a support weapon or as a DMR. To be honest personaly i would not be bothered with a metal body its heavy enough already. Also JG do one my m8 has one and its very good also fires about 350 out of the box he's happy with that make. Hope you find the right one.

Comment

i have a JG G3-RAS (tk3 or summit) which is awesome, i got mine second hand, and it already had a metal body on, and by god its heavy!

i have stock hop etc, but gonna get a tm one, aswell as a h-b and new rubber. mine fires around 330fps, or 295ish on 0.25s which is what i use.

Comment

I'm going to go against the flock here and say, go for a TM G3 SAS High Cycle. With a ROF that high, it'll be a deadly gun, when matched with a tightbore and h-nub

Comment

I like G3's got an old plastic SAS years ago, always wanted to build one but finding a reasonably priced metal body was hard...

Comment

just got a tm sg1 and its pretty awesome, great range and accuracy thanks to the long barrel and tm hop, decent rate of fire. Im putting a metal body on mine as im not a fan of plastics. It is however very long and will be damn heavy with a metal kit

go for the tm as it's performance is best suited to the g3's role as a support/dmr gun, pick up a second hand metal upper reciever and fit it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fellowz23 Find out more about fellowz23
                Working...
                X