I.C.S M16A3 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.C.S M16A3 review

Before i start, im basing this on not alot as this is my first airsoft purchase. I've used a TM Spetznaz and AK47 and enjoyed both but wanted to steer away from the "terrorist feeling". I've heard mixed things about ICS, it either works amazingly or just doesn't work. I also bought it because it came with a 1J spring pre fitted and an extra mag. First looks very pleasing, it's really long and is very weighty! Tested at around 325 FPS although some went over 330 so it's boarderline legal at GZ. Having problemss fitting the battery into the stock but i'm sure i'll work it out eventually. Firing is smooth and you get a really nice feeling when firing. Having a full metal body helps overall quality certainly, my only real issue is the stock which as mentioned is tricky to fit the battery into. Overall a really nice gun, highly recommened as ICS parts are easy to get hold off as it the ease of upgrading.
    Current Armoury
    TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Re: I.C.S M16A3 review

I've a couple of ICS M16/M4's with solid stocks and sort the battery problem like this:

Open the rear cleaning tool cover, With the gun in an upright position (ie Carry handle at top & barrel horizontal), push the gun's wiring to the bottom, with the fuse just inside and the connector just outside. The battery should now slide in over the fuse and wiring leaving the connector there ready. Apart from the fidly hopups, I've had no problems with mine, although they are backup weapons.

Comment

I bought mine as my first airsoft rifle almost 6 years ago now.

It was 3years old when i bought it, and regularly used for all 3.

I have replaced the hop unit once (i broke it in my tinkering) and the single other problem i have had is the anti reversal latch spring going soft so it wouldn't engage now and then, oh and the stock screw ripped its thread out (probably my fault)

I must have fired a good 500k rounds through it with no problems aside from those mentioned.

Fantastic workhorse, but handling and working on others, i seem to be lucky.

Comment

ive had two ICS m4's for years (one ive converted into an m16a4 and one is a sopmod m4/m203 both fire great.

other than swapping springs my ics aegs are solid as a rock with good range accuracy and rate of fire, the only downside i found is the paint on the metal body of the m4/m203 came off really easily but thats no biggy and is easily kryloned.
        theres nothing better than when your friends show up with a whole lotta guns!

Comment

Yeah another point there... any contact part of mine is majorly shiny, and well past bare metal stage now. I quite like it though so ive left it, but the paint/metal does seem rather soft and easy to penetrate.

Comment

Yeah I was looking at one of these SRC M16 rifles some time ago on retailer removed, don't think they've ever had them back in stock though .
            Last edited by Fingers; 30 September, 2009, 00:34. Reason: retailer removed

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Felixpredator Find out more about Felixpredator
            Working...
            X