anyone had one, what are they like
    range?
    accuracy?
    ect ect
    cheers in advance
    luke
    sigpic

Re: Star sl9

Hi mate... I had one of these for a few weeks!

I bought it second hand for £200 firing at 425fps (site limit for an electric sniper). The gun came with a scope and a number of addition spacers for the cheek riser and to lengthen the stock. Overall a nice weight/feel/build quality.

The only thing that annoyed me about the build of the gun was the stick battery banging around in the fore grip so I wrapped it in non slip vented motorbike seat cover and that was that... no more clunking.

The general feel of the rifle is excellent. The thumb through the stock style grip is very nice to use. If I still had the weapon I would have changed the screw on front outer barrel for a silencer to bulk the front end up a little but that, apart from a big shiny scope, would be about all I'd change.

It fired with a crisp action, range seemed ok to me but I only used it in the garden (admittedly its a chuffing huge garden) to shoot cans. I wanted to skirmish it on my back for those times when you can see the targets but they are just out of range of a normal aeg to give the bad guys a surprise but never got round to finding a way to strap it to my back without the barrel touching the floor when crouching.

The SL9 comes with a low cap mag (i think about 25 rounds, the last three never feed!) but obviously uses the G36 mags so I lobbed a high cap one of those in my kit bag to save loading all the time. My rifle did come with a different mag housing to take M4 mags but when I tried my m4 mags they didn't feed very well and were awkward and annoyingly to load and release so stick with the G36 one.

In the end I don't think I ever took it out onto the field... the WE Scar GBB came out and I cashed the SL9 in and bought the WE instead.

Mine was naughty in the fact that it fired at 425 after being upgraded by the previous owner, but he had failed to have the full auto setting locked off so technically it broke site rules as it could go to nuts if you were feeling bad.

In the end I decided sniping wasn't for me however it is a good gun and the guy I sold it too seems very happy with it.

If I did decided to get lazy and become a hedge dweller though I wouldn't buy another electric sniper (and this is my biggest warning to you) because the motor/gearbox sound is a hell of a long way from stealthy and you would give your position away to all but the deafest people around you!

Hope some of this helps mate,

Madpix
    Quote - "besides read what you said you sounded really left haha daisy down my tightbore left."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

brown Find out more about brown
    Working...
    X