Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares Tavor

Hey,

Anyone have any info onn the Ares tar 21?
    Good, bad?
    And why?

Thanks,
    Phil

Re: Ares Tavor

http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30333
    http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16433
    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Good if you like bulpups. It's alot better balanced than an l85 i find. Rof is nice, fps is good if you get one of the newer batches. Takes all m4/m16 mags. Some can be a tight fit, just need a little tap and there in solid. Gearbox on them sounds silky smooth. They use metal bushings and a bearing as standard, come with a 6.04 TB so no need to upgrade. Iv'e just gotten rid of mine, due to my love of armalites. If you want something that takes stanag mags, but isn't an M4/M16/416 Tavor is the way to go.

Comment

Hmm, i owned an Armalite.
        Well, i liked it, but i think a bulp up might even be a little bit nicer

Comment

Tavor is great...with the exception of the MARS sight, although that is acceptable in CQB games, or any other time indoors. The sight really struggles to be visible outside, even on the highest setting, although you dont really need the dot, if your looking through the sight then you'll be on target.

The iron sights are bang on too.

Great balance and feel with great performance, because its a bullpup its tight in the shoulder and compact. From a performance point of view, at my first outting with mine at AWA Urban, mine was out-ranging a PTW.

A bit plodding on an 8.4v...much better on a 9.6v. But stunning on an 11.1v lithium, which I only tried last week, doesnt stress or overheat the gearbox either, although I would expect you might have trouble if you spray and pray. But if your controlled and the longest full auto burst you send down range is between two and four seconds its not a problem.

Once you get a top rail, a side rail and a foregrip rail for accessories and mount better optics then your laughing:

Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
          There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
          sigpic

Comment

Q, did you do any upgrades?
            Or is it just so good out of the box?

Comment

I know this thread was a while ago but I thought I'd add - I used a friends tavor for a few skirmishes (one which was a full-day milsim) and the only complaint I had was that the mag release is far too easy to actuate by accident! It sits right behind your trigger hand and the spring in it is very soft. I managed to accidentally drop a mag at least once every game! Otherwise, fantastic gun and rather hefty too!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Philshot Find out more about Philshot
              Working...
              X