Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for help (im a neew bee)

hi guys
    ok have recently got in to the world of air soft after being a paintballer for over 2 years(and theres no going back to paintball for me now,airsoft is so much better)
    have played my first game and im due to play my 2nd later this month,have been reading up on ukara so i know i carnt buy my own gun just yet (unless i was stupid and brought a 2tone).
    i love the look of the mp5 and the g36c,have been advised that if i get a g36c i should get a tokyo marui.
    but i love the look of the ics mp5a5 and the mp5 is more in my price range!!

can anyone out there offer me some advice on what gun to go for out of the 2!!!
    thanks guys

Re: looking for help (im a neew bee)

also whats the difference between the ics mp5as and the ics mp5 a5 sportline series?? apart from the pice that is lol

Comment

the sportsline is plastic bodied thats why its cheaper
      as the more expensive one has metal body
      iv heard some weird thoughts on the sportsline series
      Originally posted by FireKnife
      Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

Well i suppose if you like the G36 enough, you could get a JG G36 variant, they run for dirt cheap if you can find them in stock, they're great guns mine has been going for best part of 2 years now stock no problems, i would recommend a JG.
        "Light a man a fire and you'll keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and you'll keep him warm for a lifetime."

Comment

thankx for your help guys,is the jg g36c any good then sgt numa and where would be the best place to find 1??

Comment

what weird things have you herd about the sportline then fcorreia??

Comment

iv heard that the sportlines are not as good as the full metal (even though the internals are exactly the same) plus a few of my friends who had the ics m4 plastic version have had alot of troubles with theres including losing fps etc
              Originally posted by FireKnife
              Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

hmm ill keep that in mind thanks for your help once again

Comment

iv only been playing airsoft for a couple of months at most and iv got the Classic army m4 sportsline with a 8.4v battery and it has not put a foot wrong in my eyes.
                  Some of the regulars have commented on how well it performs in thier eyes stock

Comment

if you get a g36 then go for src! the gen III are the ones to go for!
                    sigpic

Comment

Big bit of advice, post in the right section (in the new players advice part not the reviews section)

When you get UKARA registered or are able to get the defence why not go for a second hand RIF? Most sellers with positive feedback on here are good guys who look after their weapons so you may get an upgraded better rifle second hand for less than a new stock one.

If you do want new, consider SRC gen 3, JG or ICS/Cyma for the mp5 route.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

My first gun was a jg plastic mp5 and loved it but I've always believed that you will get more enjoyment out of airsoft if you play with a gun that you like, ics mp5's seemto be rated but I wasn't that impressed with the performance, as above the src genIII are meant to be very good, I'm sure they do an mp5 as well

I going for an mp5 then for the extra £40-£50 then I would go for full metal but depends on budget (ics, src don't come with battery). The sportline ics as well as plastic receiver have a different motor (metal has turbo 3000 and sportline has an infinity motor)

G36 has no creak or wobble to it and you can mount optics on the top or torch laser on side so worth considering, try the feel an check performance though if you can
                        sigpic

Comment

There are lots of thing to think about when buying a gun, like where will you be using it (woodland/cqb) what accessories do you want (extra mags/optics ec) but you won't know the answer to all of those sort of questions until after your first gun. Or second.....

So choose something you enjoy skirmishing with. Rainbow6 is right.

I have an ICS MP5A5 (second hand from his forum) and though there's not much room inside it for bigger batteries, mosfet, there are lots of ways to upgrade it if you want. I found it to have a reasonable rate of fire and range (with a new hop rubber) so I'd say go for it, if it takes your fancy.

Lovely and compact gun, recommended.
                          Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                          Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

think i may go for the full metal version then,unless i can find some where that sells the jg g36c,have used a g36c the 1st time i went as well as trying the sa80 love the look and feal of the g36c but also love the mp5 main thing is budget thow

Comment

I would recommend the JG G36c i've owned one and it have never ever let me down, i mean never as well, no jams, double feeds etc.. awesome weapon...

it is also a very cheap weapon in general and also it's perfect for starter guns..
                              Take the prices into account, because you want to think how long you are intending to keep them etc, if your intending to buy one gun over a long period then read more in depth reviews on each gun in particular, make sure that the one you get is what you want and need..

personal opinion, get the G36c
                              Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets
                              It's a well known fact that more Magpul on your M4 = bigger penis.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sgtlexicus1982 always looking to learn more Find out more about sgtlexicus1982
                              Working...
                              X