X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L86 LSW

Whats the best make of LSW out there?

Re: L86 LSW

Not alot of difference really, pretty much equal although ICS has just launched they're new one which is apperently very very good

Comment

the ICS is lighter than the star/ares

star has a polycarbonate gearbox, ares has a metal one. if given the choice, get the ares.

so between the ares and ICS, only real difference I find is the weight, star feels more realistic, ICS is easier to run with.
      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
      mix'n'match M4
      Maruzen P99

Comment

Cheers. I shot a real LSW a few days ago. One word: mental. It is a really good rifle.

Comment

the ics is far better, i have owned both the ares and ics,

the ics is better because it has a working cocking handle, the bipod swivels left to right, the bipod has a quick release and better leg adjustments, has more attention to detail

Comment

my star ones bipod swivels left to right ... to release it you just remove 1 screw, cant see why it could be any quicker, the legs are adjusted simply by squeezing two bits together and as far as I know has equal attention to detail as the ics, I'd love to know what the difference is .... also, star's cocking handle works ...
            KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
            mix'n'match M4
            Maruzen P99

Comment

My little borother (well he's 26) bought an ICS one off z1 a week ago, used at skirmish on Sunday. We were all very impressed by its accuracy straight out the box, its rof and distance were also very good. Bipod is nice, build quality is pretty good, all in all very impressed.
              Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Originally posted by andysmith View Post
                my star ones bipod swivels left to right ... to release it you just remove 1 screw, cant see why it could be any quicker, the legs are adjusted simply by squeezing two bits together and as far as I know has equal attention to detail as the ics, I'd love to know what the difference is .... also, star's cocking handle works ...
                the ares one i had did not do those things. the ics legs are spring loaded and faster to deploy.they also have a retaining plate so they cant wobble free

Comment

I test fired a "ICS LSW" and was pleasantly surprised with it, I actually thought the bipod was a pain I found it to be a two handed job. In all honesty if I had £390 I would of brought it.
                  Were did you fire a real LSW I assume your in the forces or cadets?

*EDIT* I then rememberd I would of preferd a l85A2 due to it's comftable size & weight, but then I might just be angry at the world because I get issued the AFV lol but i can say the real l85A2 sucks while the airsoft version is a good peice of equipment
                  Last edited by llama_rock; 1 August, 2010, 01:27.

Comment

Yeah i'm in the cadets at the moment but hopeing to join up in a few years. I shot it down in Cornwall on Bodmin Moor.

Comment

The problem with the LSW, apart from the fact that after a while it becomes a pain in the @rse, is its automatic 30 round stoppage, which is great for a Section suppression weapon. At least they have seen sense now an favour the Minimi!
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

The main role of the LSW now is a Sniper support weapon as it is the only support rifle with a good range. All infantry units i know off have chinned it off as it is not belt fed and a faff.

The Ares L86 is nice and most like the real thing, the ICS is better for airsoft, in my opinion.

Comment

Ha ha ha sniper rifle ha ha ha. That's so funny!
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I never said they were a sniper rifle, however as snipers work as pairs, shooters and spotters, the later uses the LSW to support the sniper if it goes wrong as it has a good accurate range.

Comment

Funny Stuff, as far as im aware, the british army squads like to have one or two per squad so when they do get into a firefight they can quick and effectivly lay down covering fire to support the rest of the squad, i highly dout that a sniper team's would use them as the length of the barrel reduces mobity, making them suck at there job leaving it pointless.

I dont normally buy rifles made by other makes apart from tokyo marui but ICS for the win

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X