Review JLS SM8.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review JLS SM8.

This is a review on the JLS SM8 rifle costing around £30.

Accessories.

Obviously as this gun is only around £30, There are going to be minimal accessories which are pretty much crap. The accessories it comes with are below.

• Non-magnified scope with electric red dot
    • Weaver (RIS) base rail
    • Silencer style barrel extension
    • Mechanical speedloader
    • Includes 100BB pellets (approx)
    • Two 50 round magazines
    • Bipod

The non-magnified scope with electric red dot is useless, To start with all the wires exposed underneath the sight which makes it extremely fragile (I would know, After about five mins one of the wires snapped) rendering it even more useless than it was in the first place. It only has one brightness setting, (By which I mean on or off) its extremely difficult to see in the day time. The lenses of the scope is blurred,If you try to look through it everything becomes blurry, The reason for this is it is made from a plastic which is almost like a bubble (Centre is further out than all of the rest) and the fact that it is plastic adds onto the fragile issue. You know what, When you get this you may as well throw it away. It's a lot better just to use the sights attached.

The Weaver (RIS) base rail is complete and utter S**T. It is made from a very cheap nasty plastic which will snap from the tiniest bit of movement. Its pretty much terrible.

The silencer...This is ridiculously bad. It is made from a cheap plastic which is hollow on the inside and weights pretty much the same as a empty tin can (In fact i'd prefer a tin can to the silencer it comes with) Within five mins of opening the box the silencer was somewhere in a bush in my garden (I threw it :D)

The speed loader, Finally something good now this is needed to load the magazines for the SM8 and I am pretty impressed with it. I still own it now and is still working perfecting which is pretty surprising. I use it also on my p90 mid caps and works fine on them. Overall i can't think of anything bad to say about it.

Like whenever you buy a cheap gun, The BB's you get with it will destroy your gun (I know this isn't always the case but in this case it is) Throw them away, Feed them to birds or even eat them yourself but DO NOT use them in the gun unless you want to break it. (In fact, Don't eat them yourself I don't think they would taste very good)

The magazines are extremely good, For a spring loaded gun 50 rounds lasts you a long time and to have two of them is even better. They clip onto each other making it easier to swap them around. The magazines are great.

The Bipod just falls down whenever unless you hold it. It is not adjustable and is a pain to take off due to it being screwed into the gun. It isn't bad though (for £30 anyway)

Quality

Now you have to give credit when credit is due, they have done a good job on the fact there is no creaking (surprising on a cheap gun). They have put rubber in good places to increase comfort and grip which i think has worked very well. The guns body is made from ABS plastic which is obviously good and last but not least let us not forget the METAL barrel which I thought was very good to be in a £30 gun, The gun is £30 I really did not expect it to have a metal barrel.

Performance

The gun's FPS is actually quite impressive for £30, it is around 280 with a 0.20gram bb. The cocking is quite easy, although it has got a weighted spring so make sure you have the muscles to cock it. The accuracy isn't too bad but its not good.

Overview

To be honest this isn't a bad gun for the price, Well worth the £30 and is great for backyard fun or a cheap backup. (Wouldn't recommend taking it to airsoft)

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed my review.

Please leave feedback of what you thought of this guide, If people like it I'll try to make more.

P.S cocking handle isn't very sturdy and is quite easy to break as 'InFlamesFan' would know :P (He broke my one)
    Last edited by Jakesclaws; 24 July, 2010, 15:56.
    Originally posted by murta369
    in soviet russia you remove the plastic from the paint.

About the Author

Collapse

Jakesclaws Find out more about Jakesclaws
Working...
X