Ics mp5 (a3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics mp5 (a3)

So I bought the gun as my first, 'proper', Airsoft gun. I know many of you will argue that ICS isn't a good make, but hey, it beats my old JG

Just a quick over view first:
    • Not a bad price, at £185. But has gone up to over £200 I think...
    • All metal, no creaks and fair play to ICS, its a pretty solid gun
    • Very good looking replica, they acually used rivets in some places instead of screws!

ICS MP5 A3

Now, this review goes for all ICS mp5's. I'm assuming they're all exactly the same, apart from the obviouse trigger varitation. I bought the S-E-F trigger version. SEF, being german for safe, semi, and full ect. I bought this version because it just looks alot more authentic, the new verison looks abit toyish for my liking.

You get the gun in a really nice box. I'm not one for reviewing boxes, but this one is quite nice...anyway. You get TWO highcaps, as with all ICS guns. How generouse of them

The gun is all metal, apart from the grips. When I got the gun, I was really surprised at how much of a solid gun this is. Ofcourse, this is probably a biast point of view, being my first non creaky JG gun. Now there have been rumours of the front end of the gun actually SNAPPING OFF! I can't see how this could hapend. Granted, the only thing holding them together is a rail and scrw system, but so long as the screw is tightened it should be fine....I hope!!!

How does it fire?

Good

I'm getting a hit at about 35-40 meters easily, but you could definatley get much more out of it. I took the m100 option, and it comes in at about 350fps, give or take a couple. Rate of fire is really impressive, I tried using a 9.6V, and Honestly, there was a white beam of light coming out of the barrel

Yes, selector switch broke. My fault being curiouse...

The gun strips down really easily. One pin, the the whole lower reviever slides out, along with the gearbox. Everything is easy to change & maintain.

My only issue with the gun, is the sliding stock. The plastic housing which has the sliding lever is really flimsy. I took it off to look at, and it was really thin, and Iwas afraid of breaking it. Definatley room for improvement there. Other than that, theres nothing els to complain about

Overall:

Price (at the time of purchase): ******* 7/10
    Build quality: ******** 8/10
    Strip time: ******** 8/10
    Range: ******* 7/10
    Accuracy: ******* 7/10

Reputation ***** 5/10

Would be good to hear about other people's experience with the gun, and ICS overall.

Re: Ics mp5 (a3)

Good review mate.

Bought an ICS MP5A3 myself after having numerous experiences with a variety of MP5 series over the years.
    Starting off with a TM MP5A5, then a TM MP5KPDW, ICS MP5SD3, CA MP5A3 and currently on my ICS MP5A3, I have to say that the ICS versions seem to be the more reliable, and have withstood more in the field.

All this aside, I have had the odd feed issue with the ICS versions, but it only seems to be when I use the ICS magazines with it.

I'm yet to give the A3 a full days outing, needless to say, that will put my opinion on them fully in place.

Have to agree with you though mate, after 8 years in airsoft now, and a ridiculous amount of guns later, I can honestly rate the ICS MP5's, and hopefully my opinion won't change any time soon!
    ..:>> CREEPS <<:..

..: Who Dares Wins :..

>CA M15A4 Tactical Carbine, ICS MP5A3, WA Kimber LAPD SWAT Custom II, TM Sig Sauer P226, KWA Glock 17<

Comment

Re: Ics mp5 (a3)

My only advice, is make sure the front cocking tube screw is tightly down. Mine was really loose yesterday, so that ment the whole front of the gun being wobbily!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
      Working...
      X