request a reveiw on A&K m249

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• request a reveiw on A&K m249

hi asactily that my brother wants to get a support weapon but i was wondering at such a low price for a support weapon if it is worth it or not

Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Re: request a reveiw on A&K m249

deffinatly cheeper version of the ca m249, rof is ok accuracy not amazing and hop is abit rubbish, but if you change the hop with a ca one, wack in a 6.03 tightbore and upgrade the gearbox its a prety beasting gun, relativley solid and reasonably heavy but not so heavy that it becomes a pain to skirmish, i highly reccomend them
    PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Re: request a reveiw on A&K m249

What the man above said.

With the hop I changed the rubber out for a blue Madbull that didn't fit in the missus M4 (prommy barrel + badbull hop = fail with a madbull rubber) and a Vanaras 6.03.
      I kept the unit itself however and replaced the standard nub with a slightly longer bit of biro. This allows more hop to be applied.
      The BB feed hole was also filed and widened slightly to allow smoother feeding.
      Doing those alone took my FPS from 315 to 350 which goes to show how bad the standard stuff was in mine, of course like any china gun your mileage may vary.

The mic for the auto-feed on the box also had to be re-soldered as the standard wires are very fragile, without replacing them I am sure I will have to re-solder it again some time in the future.

The charging handle is made of cheap metal. Pulling back and letting it slam tends to break it if you aren't careful.
      Do not carry it by the carry handle. It's just not made well enough to take the abuse.

The micro switch is known to burn out and stick on full-auto. A replacement part is about £3 from Maplin.

Depending on your strength and style of play it may well be too heavy for you. Fully loaded with a large battery, full box of ammo and an aimpoint it's clocking in just shy of 10kg according to my scales.
      Generally that's not too bad for the first couple of hours, maybe even 1/2 of the day but after that it starts to drain me a little, also round the shoulders tends to ache because of the sling. Again, if you spend a lot of time setup defending, this will not really be an issue for you but it is something to think about.
      Running with it is simply much harder work than with a regular rifle.

The gearbox however is fantastic to work on. I very much hate working on V2's/3's due to the way you have to close the gearbox with the spring partially compressed.
      With the 249 this is not an issue as there is a quick change spring feature. Very useful if you want to change your FPS from one site to the next due to rules!
      This also means that you can unload the spring from the gearbox and open the box without risk of part explosion.

Box mag mod to allow you to put a large 9.6v in the box is also highly recommended and very simple. I've never had to change my battery in a day of skirmishing because of this, and used up to about 3 boxes in a single day.

With all that said, I love mine, just wish it weighed a few KG's less!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MilataryMupet I'm the "fuc**ng kid with the axe" :P Find out more about MilataryMupet
      Working...
      X