Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We pdw gbb (would like a review)

Hi,

Just asking if any of you have tried or own the WE PDW GBB?

After the 5 star review in AI, I thought I might invest. I do not however just take the word of the AI reviewer.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Transport Workers Airsoft Tactical Squad - Nottingham's Finest

FOR SALE - G&G GR-16 CQB-S LOADS OF EXTRAS

Re: We pdw gbb (would like a review)

hello,

i have swapped my ICS LSW for one of these KAC PDW's. I have to say that its pretty awesome! The gas blow back really feels good and the full metal body make this gun feel really realistic. i haven't had the chance to have a game with it atm, due to the cold weather, but im guessing it is good with gas. With mine, it was fitted with a npas system which is brilliant as you know you have the power to go up to 500fps! Also with all other bit and bobs on it, the gun looks amazing! Hope this helps.

Cheers
    'If you do something you love; you'll never work in your life.'

Fresh mags, and body bags

sigpic

Comment

had one and it crushed 2 npas valves,must have only got 100 rounds out of it,sold it to a mate about a month later the lower receiver broke in half,looked around some other forums and it looks to have happened to quite a few, as all thats protecting the the reciever from the bolt is a thin layer of plastic.

you can buy reinforced lowers but they are pricy,id say stay away

http://sulacosystems.carbonmade.com/

Comment

Yes but he was using CO2 in it which I would never suggest anyone to do

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post

http://sulacosystems.carbonmade.com/

Comment

well said

Comment

Originally posted by 1st commando View Post
              any reason for this other than the increased power? as surely that would be controlled by the npas?

only reason i ask is as im very interested in the we gbb range and am wondering what to get and weather to go open bolt or closed as i will stick with either gas or co2 for the lot.

Comment

Open bolt as the hop is much better and stick with green gas /propane all the way.

Propane is best as green gas has varying amounts of lube in it where as propane is cleaner and you control the amount of lube in the system.

CO2 bulbs put out the same amount per hammer strike regardless of power leaving the muzzle and therefore if you dial down the fps on the npas , more of that force is being shunted back into the recoil engine/ reciever

Comment

thanks for that makes sense i suppose.so in that case how is propane performing in these conditions? i know g39 users are reporting good results but im interested in the pdw and 416 for starters although id doubt that would be the end of it.just means i can use the same mags with them.

also so open bolt systems espescially the pdw have been reported to vent alot of gas out through ejection port/blowback unit?

Comment

They don't exactly vent a lot of gas , just because there is no brass tube anymore you can see some gas mist each shot just like on a GBB pistol.

G39 works down to silly temps but even older closed bolt HK416 etc work down towards -5C as long as you keep the mags reasonably warm. In the past I did this by putting a small heat pad behind my rig on really cold days.

There should be an open bolt HK416 due soon

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

j-p Big bloke in his 40's. Head Shed for Transport Workers Airsoft Tactical Squad. (T.W.A.T.S.) Find out more about j-p
                    Working...
                    X