Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asia Electric Guns P90 - Review

Asia Electric Guns P90 - Review

I recently came into possession of the latest P90 'clone' to come out of HK. This time by a company called Asia Electric Guns. They operate out of HK so presumably they aren't restricted to the normal Chinese laws on RIF production.

They apparently apply strict QC levels to their products and indeed there is the QC sticker on the side of the P90. Not seen that before on any other clone but not purchased one for a couple of years now.

I've been in contact with their PR guy and they do indeed have some interesting guns coming out over the coming few months.

Real Steel Information

Developed between 1986–1987 by Stéphane Ferrard at Fabrique Nationale de Herstal, the P90 features a compact bullpup design, ambidextrous grip and a polymer and alloy-based construction. The weapon contains several innovative features, including the proprietary 5.7x28mm ammunition.

The P90 and variants are in use by over twenty military and police forces worldwide, and sports models are popular among civilian shooters.

Airsoft Information

Over the years a number of different firms have brought us a number of different P90 flavours, with silencers, red-dot etc. It does get a little confusing what version is which but there are guides out there that do explain the differences of each brand. From memory here's the list, I'm sure there maybe more but you get the idea...

TM
    CA
    JG / KS / ECHO 1 (Rebrand)
    Well
    Asia Electric Guns

I've never owned a P90, but have fired plenty of TM's. It always struck me as almost the perfect AEG gun for skirmishing, certainly in terms of performance, and ergonomics. Obviously everyone has there own views and tastes but the gun is light and short but still has a fairly good barrel length (247cm I think). The selector is a nice design and in full-auto can operate in single shot mode.

I seem to remember with the TM high-caps you could dump out all the BB's from a single wind, additionally you never got BB rattle from the high-cap either (I think). The only real issue they seemed to have, including the TM's was feeding problems (with the high-caps). Many a time I'd see my P90 friends thumping the top of their magazines mid-game.

Airsoft Stats

* 350 - 390 FPS
    * 70rnd magazine
    * Metal top Rail
    * Metal Flashhider
    * Plastic Upper reciever
    * Comes with 1100 9.6v battery, loader and charger

Packaging

Not your normal generic plain box that you often see from ACM manufacturer. A nice cardboard box similar to what JG used to use.

[ATTACH]14505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14507[/ATTACH]

Inside the box

The usual affair, the AEG, mid cap magazine, cleaning rod, loader, battery and charger. And of course the manual. The manual does explain the operation of a high cap magazine but there isn't one included in the box!

[ATTACH]14508[/ATTACH]

Externals

The plastic and metal finish on this gun is very nice indeed, certainly for the price. No creeks or wobbles, the 3 Philips screws on the top metal rail could do with tightening but apart from that pretty impressive. I would say just slightly under the quality of the TM build.

As for trademarks, there are none on the gun itself which is a shame since I believe the KS version has some rather nice trademarks on the metal rail and on the body. The only trademark I could see was on the mid cap which says E90 HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE -5.7X2.8mm RESTRICTED LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY - wasn't the E90 made by Well? The mid caps has the nice fake bullets in though.

On the Asia EG guns website the pics all show a P90 with trademarks - shame this isn't the case.

[ATTACH]14509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14510[/ATTACH]

Battery

Nice to see a 9.6 instead of an 8.4 but I think this is becoming more common these days.

[ATTACH]14511[/ATTACH]

Gearbox / Internals

I didn't have time to open up the gearbox, things seemed pretty standard. I know Asia EG are starting to ship their M4's with mosfet's and silver wire as standard however couldn't see anything different in their P90. Never opened a V6 before so not entirely sure what is on the other brands but did notice gold coloured 7mm bushings. No markings on the motor but it sounds pretty smooth.

I didn't have time to check out the hop-up or barrel width and quality, but it worked fine in my test fire.

[ATTACH]14512[/ATTACH]

Performance

Straight out of the box chrono'd on average 365 FPS, didn't have time to do any range / groupings test. Only time will tell how well the internals hold up. Be nice if Asia EG were to produce some QC stats.

Overall

Overall a pretty nice gun. You'll probably be able to pick these up in the UK in the near future for around £150, maybe less. Perfect for someone looking to get into the sport or even as a base to build upon. Given the time I would ideally do the following:

* Give the body a nice OD paint job
    * Replace spring / possibly gears and motor
    * Fit a mosfet
    * Fit slightly longer barrel and fit stubby silencer
    * Fit a nice mini XPS / EOtech sight
    * Maybe fit an M4 conversion box

Re: Asia Electric Guns P90 - Review

Nice review. And it's similar to JG as it is JG. Just under a re-name since move to HK

Comment

The Well p90 is the D90 lovely piece of cheap junk :D

nice read, would this be a better choice over a CA sportsline p90?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        Nice review. And it's similar to JG as it is JG. Just under a re-name since move to HK
        Interesting...I can't seem to keep up with all the rebranding haha, from all accounts the P90 is the same as the one JG one from what I saw in this nice vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzHMaGgy2Q

Comment

Originally posted by Dumah View Post
          The Well p90 is the D90 lovely piece of cheap junk :D

nice read, would this be a better choice over a CA sportsline p90?
          The CA has some trades on the metal rail, some metal on the cocking level, no rubber on the butt-plate though like the Asia EG. That's just a couple of minor differences.

I've heard that the Asia EG has a slightly better body. All pretty inconsequential differences if you ask me.

In the UK at the moment it all seems about which one you can get hold off...

Comment

ca sportlines are shocking or the p90 is ,the body on them break very easy eg mine smashed when i fell over.

and echo1 call their p90 the e90 .

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
              I've heard that too but I have seen some 2010 JG enhanced model M4's etc out and about on a few US sites so not sure if that is the case...

PS - good review, was thinking about the Asia Electric SR-15, looks pretty nice but a certain UN place have got a new 'China' brand in called GS that do a tastey M4 CQB.... hmmm....
              DJ AoS
              HIT Team -****** ***** Woodland
              Gunless

Comment

Originally posted by DJ AoS View Post
                I've heard that too but I have seen some 2010 JG enhanced model M4's
                These 2010 models were released on 09 mate. Before the mass china ban happened. Odd i know to call it 2010 on 2009. But it's just like football manager right :p

Comment

I have been told that the new M4's from Asia EG will have a mosfet, 8mm bearing gearbox, M120spring, steel full-teeth piston and a hi-speed motor...

Also Magpul M4's in the pipeline but none of this is confirmed though...

Comment

Maybe fit an M4 conversion box
                    I personally think those ruin the look, but if that's what you like the look of. Good review.

Comment

Thanks for the review. I have 2 of these winging their way to me at the moment before your review was put up. Glad to know they seem to be OK for now.

I'll see what I can do in terms of a review once we get ours also.

Comment

Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
                        I personally think those ruin the look, but if that's what you like the look of. Good review.
                        Yeah I know what you mean, the M4 conversion takes away the nice design. It's more to get reliable high-cap. I'm sure there's plenty of mods you can do to increase reliability of high-caps, not tried them myself though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mrpugster Find out more about mrpugster
                        Working...
                        X