Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM Sten MKII Version 1

Little info on the Sten.
    The Sten was British's main sub machine gun (SMG) during WWII. There were 3 models MKI, MKII, and the MK III the MKII is more basic in design than the MKI and the MKIII is more basic than the MKII. The MKIII was used by British paratroopers (or so my uncle says). The AGM Sten is based on the MKII which in my opinion looks the best it has the porting on the barrel cover (I don't know the correct term) it also has the nice rugged slimline solid metal stock.

I recieved this as a gift from my uncle about 4 months ago he had bought it from the war and peace show and had never used it despite paying best part of £200 for it. The first thing you notice about this gun is the weight. It weighs as much as my mates (david fletch) CA M16A4 despite being half the size, this is mainly due to the full steel construction. The entire gun is rock solid, there's no wobble and the matt black looks brilliant I'm guessing after some wear and tear it will look even better, like an actual WWII replica. So externally it's aesthetically pleasing. Internally its pretty average for a chinese airsoft gun. The hop up chamber is plastic with a pretty short barrel (200mm). Obviously because this is the version 1 it has a fixed hop up but there is a mod you can do to make it adjustable but I find the hop is at a good setting, however I would recommend using 0.25gram bbs for increased accuracy.

The gearbox is metal it looks to me like a version 7 gearbox adapted however it takes Version 3 parts and standard gear sets. Becuase it's chinese the gearbox comes standard with 6mm plastic bushings and an excellant example of over greasing. I plan on upgrading the gearbox at some point with full systema parts, this is incredibly easy to do as the actual mechbox only contains the bare minimum no stupid wires or trigger mech as that all that unscrews away from the mechbox. I'm not sure about the motor spec but it's definately a short type. Becuase its a version 1 AGM Sten it also comes with a 7.4 1300mah lipo with a crappy lipo charger both are s*** dont use them. I believe off a certain Scottish website you can buy a hollowed out stock for a stick type 8.4/9.6v, I however, use a battery bag on the side and it works fine (its a mini tamiya btw).

The standard AGM magazine is metal and hold 50rds so its a low cap (same mag from AGM MP40) the bbs sure do seem to go fast, so buy a few or better still buy some King Arms plastic 110rds mid caps but thats the max capacity for this gun so no hi caps, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Overall great replica, my uncle has a deactivated sten MKIII (he's paratooper nut) and the weight is pretty simular. Internals like most chinese guns would need upgrading. I'm not sure of fps but it didn't go through the bottom of a coke can with a 0.2 so i assume its under 350. I would definately recommend this, if not for the simply brilliant internals and high quality extras then for just the feel.

Thanks For reading please PM if you have any questions

MistroJoe
    "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
    Red - Shawshank Redemption

Re: AGM Sten MKII Version 1

I know it's very common gun but do you guys think of it?

Comment

*not

Comment

bump

Comment

How comfy is it to hold? As it doesnt look very ergonomic, im just wondering with the weight, does it get annoying while skirmishing?
          cheers

Comment

i love mine ,the standard t stock isnt that uncomfortable but the skeleton stock makes the gun more controlable.
            accuracy is very very god especially with the longer barrel hidden inside the dummy silencer mod
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MistroJoe Find out more about MistroJoe
            Working...
            X