• Show
Clear All

• T.A.R 21 review

Cost : £436
    In the box: Rifle, mid-cap mag, Tube style speed loader
    Test BBs : 0.20g Blaster
    Mags : Tested with G&P, JLS,

First Impressions
    when i opened the box i found what i could possible say was a very sexy gun made of a polymer plastic along with metal parts, the gun feels right at home when shoulderd. The gun is weighty at 3.5kg but while skirmishing you dont notice it. its also very well balanced aswell when held in the middle

after its skirmish.
    The sight that every one wants to know about is very very nice but i dont know if its a common problem with other red dot and acogs but in wet weather in what happened in its first skirmish it fogged up which renderd the red dot, iron sight and laser useless. But guess ill have to try it in a CQB battle to see if its ay better.

Power wise for the skirmish it fired at about 280fps witch is very friendly to all sites. the rate of right is great but that might of been the 1600mah battery i was usin

The Internals
    sorry to say i am not takin this gun apart not untill i know what im doing with em

Further Development
    well putting in a bigger spring in to be closer to 328fps is one thing only other thing im needin is more mid caps and a sling as there dosent seem to be any hook points for 1

Overall

Good-

-ROF (rate of fire)
    -Compact
    -built in sight
    -site friendly fps out the box

Bad-
    - sight fogs up in wet weather
    - price
    - lack of parts (at the mo)

any questions feel free to pm me

For sale,JG G3 sas solid stock() PM for details

Re: T.A.R 21 review

Originally posted by MJ Caboose2170 View Post
    Bad-
    - price
    No kidding...

I'd love one of these but I'll never be able to justify the cost. Thanks for the review.

Comment

nice review, whats the range on one of these badboys?

Comment

bit of an update with pics
        just so ppl know what mags the tavor is compatible with and how nice it looks with some of the more exotic mags like magpul mags and the like

first up the ares mag you get with the gun

next up is ACM mag i got with me scar was a bit loose but nothing a bit of electical type wouldent fix

next up the G&P M16 Series Canadian Type (Mid-Cap, 130rds)
        fits nicely but dosent always lock in first time but i think it looks really nice

also JG m4 mags do fit but i aint got a pic of them.
        Also i have on order some magpul polymer mags coming in which i really hope they fit as i think they will make it look really sexy but youll have to wait till monday/tueday when they get here

Comment

as for range the hop is still bein mucked about with but its should be about the standerd range of an m4 if not a bit more

Comment

Thanks for the heads up review.

The ARES Tavor does have sling points- one on stock and one on foregrip. Here's mine with a three point sling.

The only plastic is the lower foregrip. The receiver is of a fibre reinforced nylon composite which I believe is what the real-steel rifle has. In fact I understand that the matarials generally are same as the real steel which is possibly why it has a high price. Next to Star's L85A2, this is one of the most solid AEGs I've ever come across.

Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

sorry for a bit of necro posting but a minor worry came up while i was at the weekender

As i was prepin for the night game i was wherein the yellow lenses in my i.c.e.s and i notices after what i thought was swithched off the red dot sight is on, its the tinyest of dots not showing in the daytime but at night with yellow lenses you can clearly see it

i was wantin a word with cybergun about the tar 21 while i was there but typical of me i forgot to say to talk to em

oh well maybe next year and ill have to remember to take the batterys of the m.a.r.s sight

Comment

i was pretty sure i read in a review on one of these that they have two power settings like the l85 ,and you increase power by pushing the spring guide in ,at the back of the gearbox, which also requires no dissasembly
                m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

i was wrong with the above post what i thought was a power adjuster is a removable plug to allow quick spring changes without dismantling gearbox (neat idea)
                  m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

yeah quick spring change is good untill you try and change the spring and the spring seems to be very firmly attached to the piston does on mine any way

Comment

Did you try the pmags after mate. As im wanting to get a Tavor providing Pmgas fit and feed well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MJ Caboose2170 Find out more about MJ Caboose2170
                      Working...
                      X