Jg g3 sg1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jg g3 sg1

Ok had this gun now for a few months and put many many rounds through it without any problems so far.

FPS - Most sites say 375fps but thats slighly exagerated - mine fires at 340ish.

ROF - Has a mosfet as standard after 2008 in all JG models and the rof is very nice on a 8.4v battery.

Range - Long barrel + good fps = very good range.

Build quality - Gearbox is exactly the same as the TM version - only the JG version comes with a High Torque motor and mosfet as standard - Dont know who makes up TM prices but anyway........

Magazine - Comes with 500 round mag with it sufficient - only need the one really - the way the mag is inserted makes it impossible for the mag to misfeed - and my mag has never missed a beat.

Stock - Can fit a large 8.4v battery - comes with mini but i put in a large 8.4v 3700mah which fits fine.

Handguard - Slighty creeky after a while but what i did was fill the handguard with foam and now there is no creeks -no need to take off the handguard either as its rear wired.

Bi-pod - Works well - metal - but i took mine of as it sort of gets in the way.

Hop-up - Has a cylinder wheel which is differnt than all aegs - this makes it easier to turn and get dialled in.

Thread - Has a 14mm anti clockwise thread for fitting silencers.

Weight - Perfect weight.

Size - May be too big for you shorter folk - but suits me fine as im tall .

Package - Comes with 500 mag - mini battery - sling - charger - ect.

Average Price - £109

Conclusion - Excellant build by new JG models and is very well priced - same quality with extras for half the price of the TM version.

Standard Package Pic -

My JG G3 SG1 -

Hope this helps guys in making your choice - i have no regrets buying this rifle even after a few months down the line
    (pm me for any other question that you may have)
    Chris :D
    Last edited by callofduty; 7 June, 2009, 23:04.

Re: Jg g3 sg1

wot would this gun handle like for a newbie and about 5 foot 6?

Comment

How does your height effect how it handles.........?

Comment

because if your tall you usually have long arms

- the stock on this gun is pretty long and dosnt sit in the shoulder right for a small person - if you have long arms it sit perfect

Comment

Big John im 5"8 and it fits quite nicely in my shoulders but i do admit the stock of this rifle does feel wierd at first to use.

Comment

Have the same rifle. A true beauty. Good looking, nice FPS, large stock and overall large gun (i like em big LOL).

Nice large stock lets you have a big ass battery in there. Bi-pod i never use but it folds away with the gun nicely and does look rather nice.

still getting used to it after several months as the grip is right handed....Im a lefty
            Face to Foot Style, How cha like it! - Kung Pow

Comment

Just bought a TM G3 SG1, very happy with gun, but creaking is an issue I want to fix, so thanks for foam advice.

To me; I agree these are very similar guns, but if you bought a car and were offered a Porsche and a Hyundai, but were near enough the same car... I know my honest choice. Saying that though a JG new is same price as my second-hand TM with 7v batt, 2 clips, scope and mount with deans connectors. I feel I have the better deal in the long run.

Comment

I have the Jg G3 RAS from a well known website, that i bought a year ago a year later still consistant Fps readings as it was out of the box

Comment

got one of these for brother in law great but shoot to left found barrel needed turning slightly now shoots great

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26555
                    Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

Seeing as the gun Bad Intel owns was mine I agree with everything he says. Internals on the TM are way betterand more reliable My gun was a feew years old and i am sure Bad can tell you it is in excellent nick.

I have a mate that, because of finances, bought the JG version, and his needed replacement parts after around 8 months. Airseal, Hop rubber, hop unit and spring. that lot plus labour from the site cost him 120 quid so he ended up paying around 20 quid more than the TM. The gun Bad has from me has had nothing done to it in 6 years and he can tell you it is amazing.

BTW for those worried about size. I am 5' 4" and found no problem using it. I must admit though I am ex forces 70's 80's so my weapon of choice was the SLR an even bigger and longer gun than the G3 so I am used to those size guns
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

callofduty Sales man of the year 09 Find out more about callofduty
                      Working...
                      X