Very informative matey.

Comment

Re: the new ICS L85 A2

It was a question, not a statement.

Star is what you need...

Comment

hello

I have had one of these guns for almost a year now and despite having a few problems, it has served me well.
        Ill start with the issues that I have had with it first.

first of all, when I got it the hop rubber was split so was not firing more than 10 m.
        no worries as I fitted a gaurder clear hop rubber which again split with in a few hundred shots.
        aftre about 3 other hop rubbers the gun finally setled with an ICS rubber and touch wood, ever since then it has been fine so odviously, it does not like other brands of hop rubber.
        the second problen that I had, was apparantly a fault with the earlyer batches, was that the trigger mech broke which was fixed under waranty by Z1.
        the third and final prob I had with this gun is with the safey system. the safety workes with a copper plat when that the safety is off, contacts two coppre pins and then slides away from them and breaks the circuit when the safety is on.
        great design, but the copper wears after a while and the safety jams on safe.

I have spoken to others about these problems, and it seems that it is just me being unlucky as no one else has had a bad word to say about them.

bad points over and now for the cool stuf.

now that it is working, it is a kick ass bit of kit.
        the range is huge and accuracy precise.
        the gearbox makes it easy to adjust the power simply by moving the spring gide back or forward so is good for both woodland and cqb.
        it looks and feels great and with a 9.6v battory has an emence rate of fire.

so to sum up, after a few teething problems, yes Good :D

sharpy

Comment

ics l85= only gun never to break on me

good points:
          rate of fire, even on an 8.4 large is immense
          accuracy and range is amazing for a stock gun
          step-up power system allows user to set up for 3 different fps and change in minutes with one spring.
          unlike other l85's you CAN use standard large batt's in the foregrip
          comes as standard as an a2, no forking out for the a2 foregrip unlike the star
          cocking handle travels full distance and locks in place unlike the star
          aluminium construction so will not rust like the star, weight difference between the two is minimal

bad points:
          slightly heavy trigger pull due to gearbox design
          safet is a muther, mine doesnt like switching without being 'persuaded' but this may be just mine
          bit weighty, but that adds to the realism for me
          not very upgradeable cosmetically, susat and raild adapter for other optics are the only off the shelf available options
          Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

you can buy the m203 equilivent for this gun cant you?

Comment

nope, you could try and mod the star/ares version to fit, or add a ris rail to the foregrip and mount a ris mounted launcher
              Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

is without a doupt the best rifle i have ever owned. coudnt recommend a better rifle.

i think with a launcher on it would probabley be a bit awkward as it is balanced in the middle so it will go very front heavy and a bit difficult to aim.

Comment

i have a lsw version on the same rifle, the only issue that i get hardy any hop using the standard rubber and bucking, the hop arm does not seem to lower far enough, any other brands of rubber do not fit probably.
                  airsoft in a pain for the bank manager

Comment

hey guys,

do any of you know what fps you get from the 3 different spring settings? i took mine on its first outing yesterday but downgraded to a m100 spring just to be sure of coming under the limit as i don't have a chrono. Anty info would be really helpful

Comment

I can back up Army Will by saying that this too is the only gun which has never given me any grief an absolutely fantastic piece of kit.
                      Foxtrot 58 Northern Ireland's premiere airsoft site
                      Co. Antrim

Comment

I have posted on this gun several times.

I love mine its ultra reliable very accurate and I love it to bits in a non biblical way before anyone suggests anything.

It is my back up AEG so if one of my other toys goes all hysterical a short walk to the car and peace can return to my world.

Enjoy
                        Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                        Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                        Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

After coming back from the NAE with mine i seemed to have noticed that the pistol grip is wobbleing a bit has anyone else had this?

Comment

yes, tighten the screw, magic!
                            WANTED
                            Mid cap mp5 mags
                            s-arms m4 mags
                            motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

so is the ics better than the new ares one with metal gearbox?
                              Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

A.J.W Find out more about A.J.W
                              Working...
                              X