G&p M4 EOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&p M4 EOD

This is a review of my brand new G&P M4 EOD.

Make: G&P
    Model: M4 EOD
    FPS: Stock: 290 FPS
    Price: £285

First impressions

I like to ‘try before I buy’ so true to my word travelled down to a retailer to have a look. There were many M4 I looked at such as the G&P QRF, Sentry and SR16. I picked up the rifle and was massively impressed with the zero barrel wobble or stock tube wobble. The whole rifle is very solid and sturdy. The only piece of plastic is the Hand Guard and the Stock which both are fitted with no shift. The G&P range normally comes into the UK at around 370 FPS however the retailer I used told G&P to lower the FPS to 330 FPS. However they under estimated and they all came in at 290 FPSish. Since this is the case the retailer gave me a spring that should bring it up to 330FPS supplied by G&P. The kit comes with a mid-cap mag and parts to makes a crane stock battery (cells not included).

The Stock has a G&P Crane Deans Crane Stock Batt in it which fits perfectly. Its easy to fit in, the wire lengths means it doesn't snag when shifting the stock from front to rear.

I looked at lots of RIS M4s however asked my self what am i going to mount on it? Torch, nope, laser, nope, vert grip, nope so came decided it was pointless for me. The other M4s i tried the RIS was however solid and well mounted with no wobble.

The first firing of the AEG showed the intense rate of fire, it pours out rounds at a high rate out the box.

Performance

I tested the M4 at home a few times and once found that after firing a burst on full auto it would double fire on a single trigger pull. This soon went after a bit of use. The FPS is 290 and the RoF is fast. The lower FPS makes little difference on range apart from it takes longer to get there.

Pro's

It looks fantastic in my opinion, very clean and basic.
    The accuracy and rate of fire were superb
    The rifle is very versatile from a short CQB to a longer woodland rifle.

Con's
    The Battery in the stock is slights hard to get use to at first but is a minor point.
    The hop-up rubber will be changed as its ok at the moment but could be better.

Overall

The Rifle is fantastic for what I want. It is simple externally, clean, comfy and solid. Its G&P and an M4 so after market parts are relentless. I have used many AEGs and brands, this is my first G&P and it has lived up to what i have heard. Its as accurate and small as my G36C, as solid as my L85A2 and as fun as my MP5. A great all rounder and well priced for what you get. Just needs a better hop out of the box for full marks.

Rating

9/10

Thanks hope this helps.

Re: G&p M4 EOD

I have to say, I was impressed with this little beast on the sunday just gone. Michael wasn't kidding when he said the RoF was pretty good for a stock gun. Not sure on accuracy though as we were on the same team :p
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thought you were on the other team

Comment

pic for versatility.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

michael3484 Find out more about michael3484
        Working...
        X