Acm/ks p90 tr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acm/ks p90 tr

OK, now i know your thinking, "oh no not another crappy chineese clone", But stop right there! This gun, although a mesely £130, is very nice.

In the box...
    You get the gun, an unjamming rod, a decent 9.6v NiMah battery, crappy charger, and a 60 round magazine.

Externally
    The front/upper reviever is very nice, full metal and so far has been pretty strong, with a nice finish, and overall prett sturdy. The lower receiver although plastic (not sure what type), is nice, and be it a little creaky, has a nice finish to it.

Internals
    Hop-up is the same as TM's and works fairly decently but would reccomend gettin ga TM one for as little as £15 of fire suppourt. The gearbox, is a V6 but uses V2 bushings so is easy to upgrade. Once you get all the trigger stuff off the outside, the gearbox itself is very simple and i like this as it makes it exremely simple to assemble and dissasemble and thus upgrade. It also comes with metal bbushings and i the piston head had a fairly decent airseal. Also it has a metal spring guide and so overall i was impressed with the quality of these stock internals.

Performance
    The gun performs well, i found that best results came with 0.23g bb's, and is very accurate. It has a good rate of fire and is perfect for CQB or woodland.

Upgrades
    As far as i can see the gun will take normal upgrades and will take to the tune up kits out there. However i believe that the gun is fine stock but could use a TM hop-up.

Pros
    -Cheap
    -Good ROF
    -Good power
    -Good internals
    -Good Exterior
    -Good stock gun
    -Silencer actally make a reasonable diffence

Cons
    -If you get the red-dot version, the red dot is TERRIBLE
    -Hop-up can fling the bb's
    -Plastic lower receiver is a little creaky
    -The cocking lever is a little loose

Little niggly bit
    The gun does not take too kindly to TM or other mags. The feed nozzle from the mags is not long enough to make good contact with the hop-up and so the bb is not seated correctly in the hop-up and so you fire and the bb travels about 3 metres. However, for some reason this problem is solved with 0.23g bb's and so thats perfect. Will still happen with 0.25g and 0.2g bb's so be warned.

Overall
    This is a good decent gun and i will get alot of haters for this but i would choose this over the TM or CA one purely because of the money left over, you can make it into a monster, but that is just my opinion and so please do not drill me for it.

Thanks

Re: Acm/ks p90 tr

I had one of these as well. I really liked the gun, but the charging handle probably made the least convincing sounds ever.

About the mags - did you ever try the Silverback mags? - I had a couple of those which it worked fine with, but I never tried TM ones.

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
      Little niggly bit
      The gun does not take too kindly to TM or other mags. The feed nozzle from the mags is not long enough to make good contact with the hop-up and so the bb is not seated correctly in the hop-up and so you fire and the bb travels about 3 metres. However, for some reason this problem is solved with 0.23g bb's and so thats perfect. Will still happen with 0.25g and 0.2g bb's so be warned.
      I don't understand this bit? How can weight of the bb's effect the feeding from the mag?
      Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
      The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by DanEly View Post
        I don't understand this bit? How can weight of the bb's effect the feeding from the mag?
        I have no idea how the weight of the BB affected the gun either, but it works so im fine,
        and yes i have tried the silverback mag and they dont work in mine, perhaps i have a mutant body that has a slightly larger mag well or something.
        I have no idea, but the gun is fine and so im happy.

Comment

glass got shot

Comment

I still have one and it was my first gun.

It has chalked up loads of kills and as said it has a good rate of fire. Mine runs as standard about 305-317 FPS with no mods and its ROF is good with a good meaty sound.

My one works fine with Silverbacks as thats what I run it on. I have to say it goes to show its the shooter not the gun in almost every situation as I have taken out people with much better guns than I had at the time, it has no sight on it and is 100% stock - but its accurate, quick to move and hangs well on a 3 point sling.

I still use it in CQP and I really like it.

Comment

These Chinese P90 can be hit and miss though as the first one I got was a KS and it feeds the low caps fine but not the mid or high caps.
              I've spent the cost of the gun again on new barrel hop rubber/unit cylinder/head spring, spring guide and feed nipple.
              All have not helped the feeding issue.

I bought another a few month back not sure of the make as it can in a plain box, nut it feeds all mags perfect.

I'm sure it's some thing to do with the gear box as I have swapped all the bits over and I still can't get the second the fire/feed correctly.

Be thinking of getting a classic army one as I love the P90.

Comment

I too love it, the only mags that will work are KS ones.

Comment

Had It as my first ever gun, Loved it.

Comment

I find it odd people saying about feeding issues.

High Cap mags generally have feeding issues on the P90's anyhow regardless of the make of your gun.

The mid cap ones could be having issues due to them being copies. If you get authentic Silverbacks you should be fine (well at least I am anyhow)

Comment

No, it is just the feeding nozzle, ive tried every mag and the only ones that work are KS ones, on mine anyway.

Comment

Possibly you need a new nozzle as mine works fine on any mag I have tried so far.

Comment

No all you need to do is put some insulating tape at the back of the mag where it connects to the mag relise and some on the protrouding bit behind the loading nozzel which presses the pellet realise thing it misfeeds because the mag is too loose and does not fit tight enough to push it that bit anyway hoped this helped

Comment

wow, ill try that, thanks wonderboy :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                            Working...
                            X