Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexagon Productions PPSH-41

I'm bored, so here's a review of the Hexagon PPSh:

1. Real Steel History (If you're not interested just move on to the next section)
    The PPSh was designed and maunfactured in 1941 Russia. It was used extensively during WW2 on the eastern front. The Germans often looted it from corpses as it was rugged and offered double magazine capacity compared to their MP40s (if the PPSh had the drum magazine). The parts were designed to be cheap and easy to make, so around 6,000,000 have been made in total. The SMG itself was of an open bolt design, meaning it used less parts than a normal closed bolt SMG. One disadvantage of this was that it often discharged when dropped on the floor.

2. The gun and what it comes with
    The gun comes in a snazzy box with some basic instructions of how to load the battery, magazine etc. No safety manual with the usual 'don't shoot it at your friend's dog for a laugh'. It comes with the blued steel 500 rd high capacity drum magazine. No battery is supplied, and the biggest one that will fit is an 8.4v 1500 mAh mini type.

3. Build quality n' stuff
    The stock is made of wood (don't ask me what type as i don't know or care), and everything else externally is made of blued steel, like the real one! It's rock solid as expected and doesn't creak at all even after a thorough shake test. I have rammed this thing into trees, hay bales, the ground etc etc and nothing has even dented it. The battery hole is small, so that doesn't compromise the structural integrity of the stock at all. The only slightly wobbly thing is the front sight hoop cover thing, which I applied a little metal epoxy to to make it not fall off.

4. Internals
    Both the gearbox and motor come from a CYMA M14 (version 7 gearbox). The barrel and hop unit is from a JG G36C, so internally it's nothing special. However the hop is phenomenal, so you get a good range even if it's a bit innacurate. If you're trying to be accurate with this gun you're doing it wrong!!! Mine didn't come with a hop nub, but those can be bought for cheap cheap price or replaced with the a small cutting of the ink tube of a biro.

5. Magazine
    As I've mentioned, the magazine is a high cap (110 round mid caps are available) and holds 500 bbs. There are some teething problems with feeding, but there is a tutorial on Youtube of how to fix it.

6. Fire selector
    This is similar to an M14 one, being in front of the trigger. Forward is full auto and back is single shot. There is no safety, so 'this is mah safety' *waggles trigger finger* (Blackhawk down). Occasionaly the gun doesn't fire straight away on full auto, but you should click it to semi, fire off a few, then click it back to auto and it's fine!

Ratings

Build quality 9/10
    Internals 7/10
    Awesomeness over 9000/10

BUY THIS GUN NOW YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Re: Hexagon Productions PPSH-41

i have one of these and love it, compared it to the ares version and just couldnt justify the extra hundered quid.
    okay it doesnt have the blowback and the hop needed a rebuild but even so cracking gun and well worth the money for an appreciating classic ww2 gun.
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
    Working...
    X