VFC Mk43 Mod0 - (M60)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC Mk43 Mod0 - (M60)

Having spent all day firing and taking this apart I thought I do a short review on it.

It arrived to me second hand but the previous owner to my knowledge had it brand new and nothing has been changed.

First Impressions:

Wow. This thing is a beast. Very solid and very heavy and incredible quality. VFC pride themselves on having top notch true to real steel externals and this is no exception. Everything moves that should, and eveything that should be metal is. And nice quality metal too. The plastics are lovely textured polymer stuff, similar to TM M14 stocks.

The thing that really made me happy was how VFC have cut no corners with including dummy real steel mechanisms. Everything that can be made to look like the real weapon has been done so.

Pictures (not of the greatest quality but you get the idea):

The bits that move, externals and that:

The gun has all the adjustments of the real steel. The bipod unfolds and can be extended. The charging handle goes back and forward and even has the real steel lockforward...thing. The round seating flaps up and down and has a moving round loader (although obviously it doesn't actually load the dummy rounds into the gun).

The gun has all the field stripping bits of the real steel. As it doesn't use a V3 gearbox, you can remove the trigger unit as one piece after the removal of a pin. The whole process is identical to the real steel.

The quick release barrel works too. One catch and it all pops off, hop unit and all.

The gearbox also can be removed very quickly. Two screws in the stock, pull out the locking tab and it comes out. On top of that, there's a hot swap spring function. Very useful.

The gun also has all the trades and serial numbers everywhere, making it really look the part.

Some pictures:

Dissasembly photos:

The gearbox:

VFC internals are top notch and this is no exception. The piston has got a small amount of wear on the rear teeth but nothing that means it has to come out any time soon. One thing that really caught my eye were the sprung gear axles. Basically meaning that you only have to shim one side of the gearbox and the springs ensure the gears stay where you've spaced them. I also liked the idea of my gears being able to shift out of the way should some large piece of dirt decided to get into the gearbox. Apart from that we have bearings on the spring guide and everything else is of good quality.

Some pictures:

(Worth noting here that the sector gear spring does also have a spacer before the gearbox bearing)

Performance.

With what I assume is the stock spring it was pushing out 350fps on the dot, which is really nice. The ROF was quick and after a reshim and motor height adjustment became very quick (on an 8.4v large). The sound is comfortable and not whiny or screechy.

I would very much advise doing a quick modification to the trigger switch. Bending the switch arm that is pushed up by the trigger slightly further downwards increases the trigger response, as far to say that you don't have to push the trigger all the way back to get it to fire as you do on the stock one.

The hopup works well and is a piece of p*ss to adjust. I may well modify it slightly to be harder to physically slide as so far it can be pushed about with a little finger and I'd rather not have my hop turned off by me banging the slider.

The range is good, about 45m after a barrel clean. The groupings at that range are about 15 or so centimetres, but that could probably be reduced if I'd done the test with the gun fixed in place.

The Boxmag:

Bit of a pain in the a*se really. Less so once you get used to it but still not a quick field change. The bb feed rod has to be slid into the receiver and then turned to lock. Then you plug the winder in, then plug the gun in (battery sits in the mag), then fiddle about with the dummy rounds. It can however keep up with the ROF and winds as you fire so it does do the job well. Just a bit of a buggar to set up.

Since I plan to run a feed tube underneath a belt of rounds and have the boxmag on my back I'm not to annoyed about the boxmag. But that's for later....

Overall.

To sum up, it's an amazing gun. It's perfect to the real steel and made of fantasic quality materials. The performance matches the aethetics and it really does the job as both a showpiece and support skirmish weapon.

Be happy to answer questions.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 13 May, 2011, 19:25.

Re: VFC Mk43 Mod0 - (M60)

Fan of that
    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Re: VFC Mk43 Mod0 - (M60)

nice one looks awsome .....ly heavy :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Keeper of Secrets TreadStone Captain and Team Sniper. Find out more about The Keeper of Secrets
      Working...
      X