G&G GR4 G26 unboxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR4 G26 unboxing

Not so much a review at this stage as I haven't had a chance to use it, but thought i'd post up some picks and first impressions.

I've been looking at this gun for a while, and a bonus at work helped get it. I liked the Magpul esque looks and the smaller price tag. However i can see why this gun might be a bit marmite.

Anyway it comes nicely packaged in a green box with shiny backed pic of said gun:

On opening the box it was suitable padded with News of the World pages lol, but the contents were nice and safe. In the main compartment were the gun, mag 1000 bbs, and the battery I has ordered as well. Underneath the main part was also a little G&G extras pack which included, a G&G patch, playing cards, and stickers:

Looking closer at the gun there are G&G "trades", flip up sites, laser pointer and flip down torch. THe construction is primarily abs/nylon fiber. The stock ratches along nicely to 6 different positions, and has an extra little compartment as well. The G-Mag is very comfortable and looks nice as well.

All in it seems like a nice little gun, will be trying it out on Sunday at GZ so feel free to chat if you see it/me.

In the mean time any questions etc just shout.

Re: G&G GR4 G26 unboxing

Looks sweet.

Reckon you could fit a standard mini in the grip?

Comment

At a push maybe, but the split mini is definitely easier.

Comment

Im hoping my lipo will fit as well. Whats your impressions on the torch and laser unit?

Comment

wouldn't mind letting me have a shot or 2 with this on sunday do u been looking at one ( for my christmas present as U18) since Z1 had it ill be left off the firing range under a tree just call my name or look for an RPG on a car and say where's ed.

and also how does the grip fell to hold is it comfy ??

Comment

not ponnie material

Comment

how much did the light and laser model cost you may i ask?
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Did you get the stock standard or with upgraded bushings?

Got to be careful while putting in the batteries, the hand guard will come out only if the laser is pulled out and kept in that position or the hand guard will snap the laser off... It really is very delicate. The torch is pretty low powered n not the easiest to put in batteries for the torch.... The laser battery compartment is far more accessible.

Comment

I'm using a red dot scope and Magpul emags with it, it does give the gun a more meaner profile...

Comment

It cost £229 completely standard, I believe they generally shoot 330 out of the box.

I haven't tried the laser or torch as (rather rudely) you have to buy the batteries seperately.

I agree that the laser/foregrip is potentially weak, however when it's all clipped together it is pretty solid all said, you just need to be careful when putting the battery in.

Comment

Should be getting mine today so ill post my thoughts on it.

Comment

if anyone could do an accuracy/range/general shooting performance video up i would be eternally grateful! hahah
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Right.

Got mine today....

What I like..
                          -Great ergonomics, grips sit well in the hand, stock is awesome, no wobble and comfortable to shoulder. Its also very light.
                          -Selector switch is firm and locks in place well.
                          -Construction of the gun is very solid, even though its fiber/plastic.
                          -Nice FPS and accuracy out of the box, couldnt ask for more from a stock gun.
                          -Hop up is very sensitive, however is quite effective.

What I dont like
                          -Feeds like shit when firing on auto. Ive put about 1000 rounds through it so far and its getting better, after spraying some silicon oil in the chamber it has notably improved, and now only misses around 5% of the shots. I expect this problem to be eliminated after another 1000 rounds so.
                          -Foregrip is horribly designed, the LED light battery is housed at the front and bottom end and blocks any room for a mini battery or lipo. First thing I did was remove it altogether and now I can fit my 11.1v lipo inside. Laser battery compartment is housed in the top and is easily accessible, however the unit itself is very flimsy as mentioned; I can't see it lasting long at all.
                          -ROF leaves much to be desired, even on my lipo.

Any questions just shout

Comment

Any advice on which rail will fit firmly on the hand guard underside so that I can attach a decent Vertical foregrip and a torch? I want to cover almost the entire length of the underside, looks like it will take a 20m unto 12 spaces long?

Comment

Update:

I have recently swapped out the hop bucking for an ICS one and the motor for a VFC and performance has improved drastically. The weapon is no longer double or misfeeding and ROF is much improved. I'd reccomend swapping these parts if you're looking to buy this gun.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Nuclearsquash Find out more about Nuclearsquash
                              Working...
                              X