King Arms Troy M7A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Arms Troy M7A1

couldnt find a review on this gun, so thought i would make a quick one for anybody thinking of getting one for themselves

well, picked up this little beaut this morning from sheffield (1.5 hour drive, gutted) couldnt wait for it to be posted, and its actually quite a nice drive.!! anyroad, yeah...the gun....

upon opening the box, straight away, you can tell that this is about as far from a 'cheap' looking rif as you can get! the finish is amazing, and im struggling to think of any that i have seen that surpass it in terms of quality, next to a ptw even, it doesnt at all look bad! very very nice matte finish and more trades than you can swing a geek at!! its as if Enid Blyton has had a go at this thing!!

next thing was to pick it up.....obviously, and sweet jesus...its heavy!! havn't weighed it, but it feels a fair bit heavier than my ics mp5sd5 which is also full metal.! next was a check for wobbles, and the only ones i could find are, the magpul stock is ever so slightly wobbly, but nothing that cant be remedied by some skillful electrical taping!! and the stubby foregrip, unfortunately, although stays in place very securely, is pretty damn wobbly! but again...i shall set it up on a date with some tape also!! the mag however, is tighter than a ducks arse (and thats watertight)

the front RIS is a standard troy 7'' one, and is rock solid... didnt take me long to slap a king arms laser, and some RIS rail covers on it, along with a holosight!

battery installed, mag bb'd up i took this little beaut out to see how it fires.

the firing selector is nice to use, very reassuring 'click' when selecting safe, semi or auto, doesnt move at all, or shift.

the hop up is also easily accessed, and although i have heard that it can be very stiff, i found that it is easy to adjust and stays in one place.

first port of call was a few single shots to test accuracy and what-not. the trigger response is very very good, not as crisp and as immediate as a ptw, but not far off at all..!

the flash hider works in the very same way as a sound hog, you get a nice 'pop' with each trigger pull..

now, i have a 11.1 lipo in this, but i am going to use a 7.4 in future, as with a 11.1 the rof is bonkers!!! its like a laser of bb's.!! as im not very trigger happy, and dont carry 100 mags, this isnt for me...but some folk like it that way.! the pmag handled the rof very well, with no misfeeds, although after a few bursts of full auto, 1 bb does tend to fall out the end from time to time!

tested the accuracy with the holosight, and with the flip up sights, and was very surprised by the accuracy and range concidering that this gun only has a 190mm (i think) barrel, and chronos in at 290fps..

all in all, i am MASSIVELY happy with this new toy, and cant wait to get to my local and bounce bb's off friends and foes alike!!

the only downsides are:

slightly wobbly stock
    wobbly foregrip
    damn expensive (£420)

but on the other hand:

AMAZING finish and beautifully constructed
    mint rate of fire
    loads of trades
    accurate for such a small weapon
    enough magpul stuff to keep the common magpul geeks w**k bank stocked for a year..

added a few pictures below, iy anyone would like to add please do, and please guys, try to keep the thread clean, and troll free

cheers
    danny
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Re: King Arms Troy M7A1

excellent review, i have one of these myself.. Love it to pieces !
    sigpic

Comment

I may sleep with it tonight..
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

wow £420 ? my ka vltor cqb has cost me less even with the dsg work

Still nice stock its got you stated the rof as bonkers on an 11.1v would you care to put a number to that ? 28rps ? 32rps ?

I take it the 290fps was on a .20bb ? My ka was getting 350 before I pulled it apart but your barrel is shorter still might be worth cleaning the barrel and lubing the hop to see if it go`s up a tad.

Nice gun nether the less and if your happy with it then its worth every penny.

*The 1 bb rolling out the end can be fixed by turning the hop up a bit or fitting a hop bucking with a tighter seal*
        sigpic
        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

a tighter seal, winner i shall try that mate.
          i believe its about 24bb's per second. and the 290 is stock im afraid, i cant remember whether its the older ones, or the newer ones, were 350fps stock but the spring is now an m90. i think the other version is an m110. dont quote me on that, but im sure thats accurate
          and yeah, im chuffed to bits with it, and the price tag is that large too :O from our favourite airsoft retailer.... £415 i think actually..

Comment

I think mine had an m95 or m100 in it when I put the same spring in a short barrel (180mm) M4 I got around 310 to 320fps out of it.

The way I test a hop bucking is to use silicone grease if it chrono`s higher for a few shots then I know its time to change it.

I like to silicone oil or grease up the bucking then slide it onto the barrel then pop a bb into it then slide it into the hop up, I find it keeps its shape better if you do that.

Also along with all the normal bucking`s people recommend I fitted a modify one recently and I have to say its airseal is pretty dam nice its not as nice as a pure silicone one but it was still nice and seams like it`ll last ages.

I think with a nice bucking you should be able to get 300 to 320fps

Anyway enjoy it and hope you get many kills with it
            sigpic
            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

i have already had a kill with it, shot a cow pat in my field

cheers for the help man

Comment

well, a little update..

first thing is, i am used to using either a vsr, or my full metal mp5sd5...but this thing feels like im carrying around a whole american all day.. it does weigh a ton, and a decent sling (1-point in my opinion) is a must..!

second thing, and this is purely down to personal preferance, but gonna have to use 7.4's instead of the 11.1's....the rate of fire is far too high for me...

and the third thing, 3 systema owners have now been totally gob smacked by the quality and feel of the gun...they genuinely believed it was easily on par.! it really is such a lovely looking thing!!!

been no faults as of yet, i have some d-boys hicaps, and some MAG midcaps on the way, so will let people know how they feed.. anyone have any questions, or thinking of getting one for them selves, i am happy to help.

Comment

Ive just picked up a king arms mrf rx limited edition and i cant say enough good things about it.
                  The only slight niggle is the gap between the upper and lower recievers causing the front to move but this is common with ka.

Is it worth changing the stock hop rubber?

Comment

A gap? I don't have this trouble at all... Not a single bit of movement hmm.. To be honest, I'm not gonna bother with changing the rubber just yet. I've found the stock hop unit to be very good thus far.

Comment

Y'see this is annoying because I had one of the limited edition tan ones of these and it was absolutely bork. Wouldn't feed with any mags or bb's, ate the first piston within 50 rounds, was screechy as all hell. I reckon it was the last one built on a Friday because for the money I paid for it it could politely be described as shoddy and impolitely described as being "f**king atrocious". It was actually that bad that several friends of mine are avoiding king arms stuff like the plague nowadays. Just thought I'd balance the glowing review up with the fact that if you are unlucky then king arms will completely ignore any attempt you make to communicate with them and the gun itself will be useless.
                      Originally posted by tackle
                      For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I've had three king arms m4's , the latest one being the smith and wesson body, there should be no wobble or gap in the body as all of the bodies have a little locking mechanism in the right hand side of the body just above the mag catch, it's actually part of the bolt catch that wraps around the bottom of the gearbox and locks the body tightly together, very clever stuff, only problems I've encountered with any of them is poor ...........in fact no I haven't.... Not quite on a par with PTW but definitely close enough for less than half the cost..

Comment

well mine just performed FLAWLESSLY at the ground zero weekender, i couldnt be happier.. it received a lot of comments, especially on the rate of fire for a stock gun.

Comment

little update..

fitted a new steel spring guide with bearing, an m100 spring, and a madbull 6.03 tightbore and it has made the world of difference. Took if also for CQB on sunday, and it was quality, had no trouble navigating from room to room, and being rather small, although heavy, was pretty easy to quickly swap shoulders. after also hearing that this gun could be a pain in the arse when it comes to finding mags that will feed properly, i have literally tried every single different mag that i could get hold of/borrow to test, and have not yet found one that didnt feed properly! have been using MAG 190rd mids and they are flawless....

Comment

few new pics, and info.

found out, annoyingly so...that for whatever reason, the bombproof and extremely easy to work on gearbox, has a shitty plastic spring guide, so be very careful when removing buffer tube as one sharp movement either way will snap it....if you are going inside for whatever reason, i highly recommend putting a metal bearing spring guide in there...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dannyeprice23 a happy go lucky pain in the arse, i am the one who constantly has accidents..to others amusement! Find out more about dannyeprice23
                              Working...
                              X