DBoys SPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DBoys SPR

Im bored, so ive decided to write a review on the dboy spr.

Quality: 4/10
    Price: 3/10
    Build construction : 3/10

As you can see its not looking good. For £150 you get a "metal" Aeg. Nothing more nothing less.

Unless you planning on upgrading this gun, its not worth the money. Ive used this in one game and it was fun to use, i had a bipod and scope so i was using it as a support gun, worked effectively untill the magazine ran out, so buy 4.

I'd say this gun is a good gun for a beginner even though slightly on the expensive side and heavier than most guns.

The body itself is quite big, i think bigger than normal armalites.

Re: DBoys SPR

Sorry for the short review but its really not worth anymore words.

Comment

Wait.. so your giving it scores ~3/10, but you had fun using it? and that it was a good gun for beginners? Sorry for being a little awkward, but.. what?

Comment

Price was 3/10. Was expensive. READ!

Comment

i beg to disagree i think they are amazing like you say nothing to shout about but i have put about 100k bbs through mine completely mechanicly standard and still works like it did the day i bought it not to mention thats with a 9.6 not the 8.4 u get with it .
          i have to agree about the quality tho the recievers are made of the worst metal i have ever seen nearly all the ones i have seen have a crack in the top reciever but as far as a straight out the box for a noob toy they are ace.
          Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

Mine came with a Bent Piston so the company I bought it from took it back and replaced Piston, Hopup and Motor for Free with some crazy upgrades, it's a great gun but some of the internals need to be upgraded for it to be at it's best in the price range. Now it shoots a dream.
            sigpic
            View iTrader Rating Here
            Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

3/10 for build???

Mine has trades, all the bolts and screws were tight and it fits together nicely.

The gearbox is all metal with steel gears although it uses nylon bushings and poly piston.
              The gearbox is built for 9.6v+ and the gun comes with a 9.6v mini pack.
              Electrics are poor...no fuse... thin wire... but is fitted with a large Tamiya. The supplied bat is small tamiya so you get a "free" tamiya adapter

The metal used in the receiver is not the best but nothing has bent or snapped yet...
              Been dropped ..got wet ..and used all day..still going strong.

BUT the Hop is rubbish. The original rubber didn't last 1 skirmish. (replaced for free by shop) . The hop chamber is terrible and gave trouble with some mags not fitting properly. But lets face it the Hop and barrel get upgraded on systemas and TM's and on this gun it can be changed without tools. Pop the front pin... seperate the upper and lower receiver ..then just slide out the hop and barrel.....simples...

Price was 3/10. Was expensive. READ! Where are you going to get a NEW FULL-metal AEG for less than £160 ?? If you include the Free bipod that retails for £30+ in the UK and the Battery/charger/adapter. You are ready to skirmish straight from the box. The ICS version is twice the price and you have to buy a battery... Not the best qualty but in no way expensive!!
              Value for money has to be at least 7 or 8 out of 10. If you bought a new one and broke it for spares you would easily make your money back.

Comment

£150 sounds like an utter bargain to me?!

Comment

I think the gun is a pretty good buy myself , i have one and its not been much trouble , most of the things i can knock it for have been mentioned already like the wiring is abit thin , hop , inner barrel isnt the best by a long way , stock is a little poor and could do with being swapped for a classic army item , but its a full metal spr for not much money .
                  I put a guarder hop unit in mine , fitted a silencer after removing the barrel extension and fitted a tight bore from a m16 . Swapped the gears for a set of xyt gears ( not that they needed it ) and fitted oil metal bushings as the nylon ones are abit crap .
                  Fitted a area 1000 full cylinder , vented ball bearing piston head and a full steel toothed piston with a m130 spring , locked to semi only now .
                  Runs a large 9.6 3700 mah bat and a element ultra torque motor .
                  All in all has made a very nice rifle with a nice trigger response for not alot of money and would sooner use that than my SR25 anyday .
                  Last edited by MONSTERC10; 11 May, 2011, 00:56. Reason: typo

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                  Working...
                  X