Cam15a4 cqb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam15a4 cqb

Time for a review of my CA M15. This is also an appraisal for the excellent work that Z1 done with the service.

Let's start with Pros and Cons

Pros:

-Full Metal Body
    -Overall good quality Mechbox
    -Robust
    -Compact
    -Sliding Stock

Cons:

-Short Barrel
    -Expensive
    -Needs abit of work to make it Skirmish Ready

Included with the gun:

-Box
    -Gun Itself
    -Rail Covers
    -High Capacity Magazine
    -Carry Handle
    -Foregrip
    -Sample BB's
    -Cleaning Rod
    -Manual

Look & Feel:

The overall quality if this Rifle is very good. The metal is of a good standard and the paint finish is very nice. This is what you expect of Classic Army. The trades are nice and clear, however do rub off a little easy from use. The gun looks quite unique with it's shortened front end and very nice Ris. There is no wobble at all coming from the Ris, which was very pleasing upon initial inspection. The Crane Stock does wobble a little. Not enough for you to want to take it off, as it serves a good purpose.

Battery compatibility:

The rifle is rewired into the Crane Stock. However the Stock Tube is picky with the batteries it takes. Don't be fooled and buy a 10.8V Crane Stock because it just won't fit. The batteris won't fit in the stock tube. I have a GP 9.6v 2200mah and it fit's snugly in just the Crane Stock compartments. The battery configuration is 4-4 unlike most other 9.6's which are 3-3-2. The only downside to a battery like this is that the max mah you can have is 2200. Due to the size of the cells. The connector the Rifle utilises is a Mini Tamiya.

Performance:

I can't quote out of the box figures as my rifle was indeed second hand, but i'll do my best. I had the gun chronoed at a healthy 300FPS. Very respectful for a CQB Rifle. Range was however on the bad side. I was having a hard time reaching an 80 foot mark. This should be generally easy for a Rifle of this calibre, but to my concern it just wouldn't perform. As said earlier this is a second hand Rifle, so in theory a new one could be totaly fine. The RPS was at a standard 15-18 dependant on battery charge. Accuracy at short range was obviously better then long range, but still lacked that overall goodness you would expect from such a high priced Rifle. At 10M with .20g Excels i was getting a spread of around 5-7 inches. Upping the BB weight to .25g didn't help that much. Just a few less fliers. Overall i was quite unhappy with the performance. I know it's a CQB based Rifle but i was expecting alot more from it. Also on a side note my Fire Selector wouldn't engage Semi Auto, this however was bearable.

Upgradability:

Now heres where the fun comes into it. It's running a reinforced V2 Mechbox so parts are easy to come buy and relatively cheap. First on my list was a TightBore Barrel and new Hop Rubber. Thus to increase my range and accuracy. There are many to choose from. (i will list all the upgrades i chose at the bottom of the review) Next was the Motor and Mosfet as it's a CQB based Rifle i wanted a good trigger response and healthy ROF. Also the Mosfet was added to prolong the life of the Mechbox and also the Trigger Contacts. After adding a Motor and Mosfet, duely came the Piston and Gears. Wouldn't want my Gears shredding or Piston breaking on first use. Next up came a new Anti-Reversal Latch, Auto Cut-Off Lever and Spring. I went with a 1Joule spring as running a TightBore would up for the FPS too much with an M100 Spring. I also had the Selector Plate modified so it would engage on Semi Auto. After all these upgrades were installed and it had a greatly needed service, i was eager to try it out. I sent it off to Zeroone for all the work to be carried out, and may i just say what a great job they did. Very prompt and also very reasonable price. So the gun came 5 days after being sent off (bearing in mind i sent it on a Thursday) in all it's glory with all the Internal and External additions. I setup the usual target at 10M. Again using .20g Excel BB's. 10 rounds with Semi Auto and a grouping of around 1.5 inches. Alot better than what it was when i had received it. Then a few short burts of Full Auto and again a very tight grouping of around 2-4 inches. I then continued and emptied the mag into the target on Full Auto and much to my delight. I then loaded a mag with .25g Excel BB's and i was amazed with the accuracy. 10 rounds with Semi Auto and a spread of a mere 1 inch. This was much better. Much more respectful for a gun with a rather short barrel.

Upgrades Installed:

-G&P M120 Motor (Long Shaft)
    -Vanaras 6.03 Barrel (300mm)
    -AB Mosfet (Infected Airsoft)
    -Systema New Polycarbonate Piston
    -Modify Auto cut-off Lever
    -Modify Anti Reversal Latch
    -Element Pistol Grip
    -Guarder Hop Rubber (Silicon Clear)
    -Element H-Hop nub (White)
    -Element High Speed Gears
    -Deans connectors all round
    -Systema 1Joule Spring

Conclusion:

Without the upgrades the Rifle was to be honest quite useless. I wouldn't take it to my local as i feared it wouldn't hold up. However with the upgrades it is excellent. It maintains very good accuracy while firing at a very high ROF, so can be used in woodland and urban conditions. The trigger response is instant. The Rifle will fire as quick as you can pull the trigger. Range now is also very very good. A chest sized target at 150 feet is easy. I won't go as far to say you can expect hits at 200 feet as i am yet to test it at that range. But i wouldn't be suprised with some tweaking and more bedding in on the hop rubber that this was reachable. It is now my primary Skirmish weapon. Again i would like to thank Zeroone for the excellent work done. I couldn't have achieved this without them.

About the Author

Collapse

HuntR Just another average gun whore Find out more about HuntR
Working...
X