ICS 141 M4 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS 141 M4 review

Now to say that the price of this gun wasn't a steal for what I consider to be a professional airsoft weapon would be an understatement. While in the past 2 months I've had it there have been a few issues it's ultimately been solid.

So what are the basic cons and pros of this brilliant rifle? Well lets go a little more in depth.
    Overview

Price: £239

Build Quality:

This gun is built to very high standards, with most of the rifle being of metal construction. The gear box and internals are overall pretty good, although I do believe the gear box and piston certainly need upgrading. Also the plastic pistol grip is some what annoying and does have tiny bit of give in it.

The two magazines supplied with it were the ICS thermoid style mags, both of which were HI CAP 300 rounds. I'm not too keen on the mags personally. No matter how much you wind nearing the end of the mag you never seem to get the last 30 or so rounds out of this mag without turning the gun upside down and firing that way. To say the least this is pretty annoying so I bought so mid cap magpul PTS mags.

Accuracy:

The accuracy of the gun is absolutely spot on right up to it's maximum range. When you're sighting this weapon and preparing to take out your target you can squeeze the trigger with confidence, knowing that you're going to hit.

Accessories:

The 20 mm rail system on this weapon is well designed and while it isn't CNC'd still offers you plenty of attachment options. On the weapon at the moment I have an G&P Eotech 552 sight and a FTS 4x magnifier.

Issues:

Now this is where I'll stick my earlier statement of the weapon needing upgrades. In the first 2 weeks of having the weapon the piston blew. Not exactly the greatest thing that could happen as it was during a skirmish. It was quickly solved however. And now the piston has been upgraded it's flawless.

Conclusion

Overall this is a great weapon, with a high rate of fire, great accuracy and of course the rail system is invaluable. Being an ICS weapon though it's not compatible with other manufacturers internal parts which may not be ideal for those who like to tweak their weapons.

After an upgrade with a better piston and a new gear box this is a stunning weapon.

I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

-Sam
    Pros:
    - Rail system
    - Accuracy
    - Build Quality
    - Weight
    - ROF
    Cons:
    - Needs internal upgrades (piston)
    - Mags provided are poor quality
    - Plastic pistol grip
    - Plastic stock.

Re: ICS 141 M4 review

You said its not compatible with other manufacturers internals. The majority of internal parts are however.

Comment

Re: ICS 141 M4 review

I find battery changes are a bit of a bastard with mine. I'd like to try a new stock too. That said, I had a MOSFET fitted and it's worked flawlessly for over a year now.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Sam-Beta Find out more about Sam-Beta
      Working...
      X