Request ARES or UMAREX G36k or G36c G36CV owners opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request ARES or UMAREX G36k or G36c G36CV owners opinion

I've been reading up on the ARES G36 family and it's very confusing. Clearly ARES or STAR have had a lot of issues in the past with QA of internals but I've read enough to believe that the G36 series has improved an awful lot.
    So this is my request to anyone who has 'owned' or 'tried first hand' a recently purchased Ares G36 (any variety: c, k, cv, kv etc) to share your opinion on how the gun performs. If the focus could be around internals, accuracy, range that would be great as there is no denying that the externals are probably the best around. Oh and some feedback on the EBB (blowback) feature would be nice too.

Re: Request ARES or UMAREX G36k or G36c G36CV owners opinion

I have a c version and it preforms amazingly you wont be let down.

Comment

Hi Rambete, sounds positive...
      can I ask if you upgraded anything or have you still kept it as stock?
      When did you buy it?
      What reliable range are you getting from your C version?
      Thanks in advance!

Comment

I have been running an older ares g36c and the newer ares/umarex g36 rifle for around 3-4 months .

the rifle out the box has great range and the ebb gives the gun a nice rattle on auto but not so much on semi , the gearbox's are a lot better these days but some people do still get the odd lemon.

the only things i have done to the ares/umarex is a re-shim and i had to replace the hop rubbers on both after a faulty bag off bb's ( good brand aswell ) killed both on the same day
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Thanks guys. But what kind of range are we talking about with the stock G36c? My local site is more woodland, so even though I prefer the C (side rails, smaller, good iron sights), I might look to getting a K just for the extra range...
          That is unless you guys can inform me otherwise!

Comment

I kept mine stock because it was firing 337 out of the box. I got mine from Zero one for £209.95 and 100-150 feet is the range.

Comment

What mags do you guys find work well with the ARES? (apart from the obvious which would be ARES mags!)

Comment

tokyo mauri mags work well

Comment

I have the G36C and its nice and solid, however the hop rubber and motor have needed replacing, fortunately this was under warranty. With the new motor and rubber (which are both tm) its performing well. Have recently fitted a madbull "python???" inner barrel but i have yet to test it at a good range. However i found the gun in its standard form to perform fine at range.

Also i have found that the G&P midcaps work well, however avoid MAG and i didnt get on with the kings arms ones either.

Comment

umarex g36c seems to have a weakness with the fire selector switch ,it can get v easily knocked out of place . i have had mine modified by having one side blanked of to reduce the problem. i know several other owners with same problem, pain in the ass to have to dissasemble gun to realign it .luckily it is an easy gun to take apart.... seems to be the spindle can move in the switch housing .and mine is a newish gun ,,,,,, under 6months old

Comment

the ares version dosnt seem to have this problem even though the umarex version is made by ares ,, pennypinching methinks .

Comment

my src g36c seems to be the more reliable of the two g36c s i own . the umarex keeps having fire selector jamming problems as a regular occurance .looks like the cheaper gun was the better of the two

Comment

had a play with one to day loved it nice to fix on the move runs grate with 9.6

Comment

Just got one. Impressed with the externals, but yet to actually play a game with it.

12 Month warranty at local site though so can't really complain if something does go wrong
                            Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

i had a g36 in the summer, loved the look, weight and feel of it, was good out to 50m from out of the box, never fiddled with the hop or anything as never skirmished it, so just played. the blowback was nice, u knew it was cycling, but werent distracted by it. only reason i didnt keep it was that the intergrated red dot was cracked, so i took it back and got my money back... am currently looking for a g36v, so that should tell u it bit me lol
                              Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deadmeat Find out more about Deadmeat
                              Working...
                              X