Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249. Which one?

hi folks.

Im looking to get a m249 but i am looking to the kind people on here to advise me in which direction to go.

This is the version of 249 i am wanting. http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...23628e8838bc14

Now which make do i go for. I am tempted with the Ares one as it is a reasonable price, but apart from that i do not know if its metal, plastic, stock fps or anything.

So if anyone could advise me as to which one to get i would greatly appriciate it.

Also when advising, if you could tell me if its metal or plastic, and stock fps etc.

Thanks.

Sam
    sigpic
    BlackWing Mercenaries
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001675142920

Re: M249. Which one?

classic army 249. From the others i have seen and tried its the best by far. Para version is all metal. a&K one isn't too bad but ive seen a few beark. My ca 249 para has been through well over 150k rounds (sometimes shoot 10k in a day) and the only real failure in that time was the motor was very tired.

Forgot to say... most 249s should be quick release spring so fps is what you want. i think the max for a ca gearbox is about 500 before you start getting into trouble. the gearbox istself is very tough.

Comment

Ares version is plastic so quite light but not as strong as others.

The CA can be picked up cheap second hand on this forum as they don't hold there value to well.

The A&K one is great value for money new but a hop rubber is a good upgrade as the one it comes with is known to be poor quality.

Comment

Ares ones tend to be very easy to break and cant use m4 mags...

Classic army are the best out of the box by far

A&K are really good just need a few things change
        new trigger button
        new wires
        reshimmed
        new hop unit (CA)
        and new hope rubber

this will get it running very nice...

Comment

if you've got the money, and the strength, try the G&P 249's

they've got a mental rate of fire on an 8.4v battery, think it was about 29 rps out the box, downside is it does weigh a lot

i put down 70k worth of rounds down in the 6 months i owned it, only issue was it needed a good barrel cleaning after every game, and a new hop rubber within the first month of owning it. After that it was lovely and spat out enough rounds to keep heads down
          Originally posted by Fenriz
          Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sam190jwigley Woo. ^^ Find out more about sam190jwigley
          Working...
          X