Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwa KMP9 GBB Review

Real Steel History :
    The MP9 is selective fire sub compact machine gun built by Brugger & Thomet and based of the original design by Steyr . The weapon fires a 9x19 parabellum round out of a 30 round stick magazine . The weapon features integrated iron sights , folding stock and trigger safety

Quality :
    Kwa's reproduction of the mp9 is second to none and is noticeably better than the dated ksc model . The gun features kwa's great NS2 gas system which increases gas efficiency and allows you to operate the gun even in low temperatures ( handy for Scots like me ) . Build quality is superb with no rattles , sweeks or even a creak . The body is made out of a sturdy polymer and the barrel , bolt and firing mechanism is constructed of heavy duty steel.

Ergonomics / Operation :
    The mp9 is very user friendly with easy to reach magazine release and bolt catch , there is no actual safety other than the trigger safety which stops the hammer engaging unless your finger is completely on the trigger . The bolt catch is of Glock similar design and is easily reachable , if desired the operator can hit it like on a AR type rife or pull on the charging handle . Be aware though if the bolt is not locked back when the magazine is inserted it can damage the loading nozzle . The folding stock is very sturdy and comfortable and has a groove in it so when folded is comfortable against your thumb ( sorry lefties )

Performance :
    The hop up on the gun as with the rest of the kwa gbb line is very well designed and with .20 g bb can reach up to 50 m , although I would recommend using .25's or .28's for better accuracy and consistency . The gun of green gas fires at around 340fps on average ( normal Scottish day) and with Abbey ultra will recieve around 320 -330 fps , the gun is accurate enough to hit consistently a target at 40m with .28's or even .25's

Magazine :
    The magazine is made of steel and has quite a heft to it , it holds 48 bb's and feeds perfectly , it is also the heaviest single part of the gun .

Conclusion :
    This gun is very well made and would make a great cqb weapon or snipers back-up but can match an average aeg at 40-50 m making it usable for woodland as a primary , as with any kwa gun customer service is second to none . This weapon retails for around £199-240 online and mags are £39-£50 . I love , you love the only person who doesn't like is the person you'll be shooting at it with and the person next to you ( it's bloody loud) the only question is ...when are you getting one

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Re: Kwa KMP9 GBB Review

If anybody has any feedback on the review I would be glad to hear it .

Comment

nice review, would love to hear where u found mags for £39 (if only we were allowed to tell each other )

also, how are u managing 340 on green!? i ran mine with a half mix of maint gas, and abbey ultra, and it was 320, 345 on just abbey and 370 ish on green, i have to find a npas for it, but apparantly they do complete bolts to replace it with npas inside that, as these guns are supposed to be a bitch to fiddle with
      Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I havent put a npas in it , it's completely stock . I think it was about 7 degrees when I tried it on green gas . I have been using ultra for a while now but while be buying green for the scar so I'll chrono it and post what it comes up with

Comment

its prob down to temp, after it blew hot in game, the marshall wanted a retest of it after lunch, so i refilled, but he said mag was too cold, so had to have it in my pocket for 10 mins before testing.... fairs fair thou, i did have the spare in my pocket in game as i dont have acu mp5 pouches
          Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

I found the same with mine - 370 on green and 345-350 on Abbey Ultra. Used it for the first time in anger on Saturday. It feels great in the hands and sound wicked (everyone turned to look when I let off a long burst on auto!). I will need more mags though as it's too good to just use for single shot use; going to need 3 or 4 I reckon. Pretty accurate at CQB ranges but I think it's worth playing with the hop as one click of the hop makes a decent difference either way. It's my first gas gun so can't talk about internal construction yet but it's certainly solidly built externally.

Comment

forgot to mention after 3 months ownership and 1000 rounds put through it there is no degrade in the internal structure

Comment

Tried it yesterday on CQB but it is really just on Green gas.
                I wanted to try with Abbey Predator or Zeroone Pro gas but it seems that the internal diameter of the tip is to small for the filling valve of the mag.
                Did someone tried the "Low Power Bolt Assembly"? I think I will buy one so I can run on propane and be CQB legal.
                If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

I would like to to my review that even in very low temperatures (o to - 5 degrees ) the gun will still preform very impressively

Comment

Small test with .2g et XCortech X3200:

Original Bolt with Propane
                    Not really a hot GBB, temperature of the mag was around 10° I think.

Low power Bolt with Propane

I little lack of stability but it is new.
                    It normaly drop the fps by 60-70 which seems correct.
                    It is easy to see the different type of valve inside the loading muzzle. The original is a "Rocket" type, the Low Power seems to be a normal cylinder.
                    If you don't know, Ask. I you know, Share.

Comment

It's worth mentioning that any owners check out KWA's own support forum. They recommend modding the mag catch inside the gun as the Sharp corners cut into the bolt and overtime will completely destroy it. It takes about 2 mins with a dremel, if you have never opened up the gun before then I suggest you do so and check it out. I had put 3-4 mags through mine before I read about this mod and there was already deepish scratches to the bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by FlangTal1ty View Post
                        It's worth mentioning that any owners check out KWA's own support forum. They recommend modding the mag catch inside the gun as the Sharp corners cut into the bolt and overtime will completely destroy it. It takes about 2 mins with a dremel, if you have never opened up the gun before then I suggest you do so and check it out. I had put 3-4 mags through mine before I read about this mod and there was already deepish scratches to the bolt.
                        You mean the bolt catch ? , takes like a minute with a peice of emri cloth .

Comment

Hey can anyone explain tome how to mod the mag catch? got mine today and i love it - few things though, the gas that i have wont fit over the nozzle for the mag, and i dont have a clue how to open the gun haha

Thanks,
                          Rich
                          sigpic

Comment

Have a look on the Arnie's and kwausa forum. In the Arnie's gas guns review is a long series of tips and tricks - often with photos. The kwa USA site has another load of useful info. The bolt catch mod is very easy and although this was the first gas gun I've stripped it is easy. Must say that the wear from my catch was very minor but you can feel the sharp edge if you put your finger on it so still worth doing on balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On the front above the barrel is a screw to unscrew then push in the button at the back and lift the top receiver up, but be careful there is a spring and spring guid there that can fly if your not careful/prepared for it, and you can then see all the internals, to strip the internals search youtube for the kwa mp9 lower power bolt install, to words to that effect

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

voodooTheMarshmallow Find out more about voodooTheMarshmallow
                              Working...
                              X