ARES L85A2 reviews please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES L85A2 reviews please

I am in the midst of creating a British Army 2011 load out, moving on to purchasing an A2 rifle at the moment. Can I have a few views on the ARES A2 please, performance wise.
    Thanks
    The Survivors airsoft team are now recruiting, go to our web page; http://thesurvivorsairsoftteam.webs.com/

Re: ARES L85A2 reviews please

This may be of some use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55UCMp__JVs

Comment

I've owned 2 during my skirmish tour of duty and think they are fantastic performers. They are heavy. Possibly feeling heavy due to the centre of balance but I think partly down to the ridiculously solid construction. Lovely thunk when they shoot and mine have only been outperformed by tuned DMRs and sniper rifles. The most important bit of advice I will give is to loctite the stock screws as soon as you get one as they WILL go walkabout during a game and are about a tenner to replace.
      The only downside was the SA80 sling I fitted to mine would push the fire selector from semi to auto during general movement. Not good at urban sites so had to keep an eye on that.

But yeah, regret getting rid of either personally as the trades I did for them havent been nearly as useful in the field.

Comment

On my experience of the l86 ( same other than the front set). The motors are shite, but easy to replace. Mine smely like burnin solder all the time. The sell is excellent but satin finish not matt. They have too many small screws to break open one like the real deal. The grip is really nice quality. The gearbox is very strong, but the piston head is poo with a poor seal. The foresight is pot metal as is the front sling mount, so helicoil the theads if you can. The semi cut of mechanisim is daft and Ive heard of ones failing after one skirmish ( they fail to full auto only) as the gear cuts groove. Ive been toying with the idea of replacing the cut off lever & fire selector with sensors and drive a mosfet which would be more reliable.
        I both love and hate the ruddy thing as spares are non existant and Ares customer support just dont reply.
        But once the barrel was polished, a tm rubber and h hop in there I got an awesome range.

Of course sods law its now crapped out on me eith some complete lock up or eletrical failure.

Comment

Best/most accurate repro of the L85A2
          Great performance
          The ARES is a replica - others are mere toys.

Awesome with some makeup on :

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhillieInTheMist Part of The Survivors airsoft team. Find out more about GhillieInTheMist
          Working...
          X