ics l85a2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics l85a2

just a short review of my ics l85 a2 i recieved for christmas when i first took it out of the box i was very happy with the quality of the plastic handguard wit hzero wobble or rattles and the nice metalwork on the reciever came with two of the best hicaps ive ever had the plesure to own longer than the usual m4/16 mags with a lovely smooth wind opened up the gearbox to find the spur gear scareing off the piston spent good time shimming it now it runs unbelieavably smooth was only 280 fps on the highest setting and the rof on a 7.4 lipo was shockingly slow although the lipo was only 1100 15c i now use an 11.1 1450 20c and its amazing about 20+rps the gearbox can definatley handle this the range out of the box was very goo outrangeing the rest of the aeg's on my team the day i skirmished it however getting to the last game of the say it stopped fireing all together and there seemed no reason why turned out it fired only when the upper reciever was pushed down, therefore a connection wasnt being made i noticed there was lots of play between the upper and lower recieve being able to move the two apart a few mm's this still isnt sorted also the chargeing handle is VERY wobbly out of the box i stripped the gun down to get to the chargeing handle to find a tiny screw holding it in that couldnt be tightened nor loosened the hop up is great but it adjsuts in the opposite way to normal wheel type hop ups the one problem i found is you can turn it continuosly and it will go from full hop to no hop streight away the barell was very odd it didnt feel like metal but it looked like a very shiny not brass but a dark gold coloured barell which i am replaeing with a 6.00 tightbore no issues with the barell or hop itself at all though very nice the front gas block was a pain in the ar*e to get off punching out 2 pins to remove to fit the ics ris adaptor the pins would then go back in but they wouldnt be tight at all and simply dropped out so i had to wrap them in a layer of tape and bash them in ive managed to fit a rs dd ris to mine and its solid with no wobble also added a vortex flashider as for magazines all mags wobbled but there is no chance of them falling out of the gun but i have taped all my mags to they fit nice and tight i use p mags and stanag type and both are good and feet flawlessly so thats about it from me any questions feel free to ask

Re: ics l85a2

Wouldnt reccommend a 6.00 barrel, you will get jams and will need to clean it ALOT, reccommend a 6.04 or 6.03, prometheus are now even saying that they found 6.08 to be the most consistent.

Comment

i'd also recommend paragraphs, full stops and punctuation marks : ) people don't want to read blocks of text.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
        i'd also recommend paragraphs, full stops and punctuation marks : ) people don't want to read blocks of text.
        Indeed. Thanks for the review, but I think that might just be the longest sentence I've ever tried to read! Not even a hint of any punctuation to help.
        https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/

Comment

was trying to be more informative that a fun read tbh but thanks for the advice

Comment

Do you find the gun heavy or hard to use for running and long games?

Comment

i personally don't no, but im quite a big guy. most of the weight is at the back so it all rests on your shoulder so the front of the gun feels very light. mines got a rail system lazer acog acog riser and grip at the moment and i find it fine to lug about all day

Comment

Originally posted by laurence View Post
                Wouldnt reccommend a 6.00 barrel, you will get jams and will need to clean it ALOT, reccommend a 6.04 or 6.03, prometheus are now even saying that they found 6.08 to be the most consistent.
                update it comes with a 6.08 copper barrel and the accuracy isnt great so i think ill definitely benefit from a tighter barrel i clean my guns very often so dirt should be no issue

Comment

So bottom line,would you recommend the ics version??im interested in buying this version for my first AEG but after reading your review I'm unsure.The clips on YouTube seem to rate it.

Comment

how much for just the gun and stock accesseries, and then with the ris and attachments

Comment

I have the ICS L85 too, it's been a project since Christmas, nearly finished it I'll get some photos up once the final parts arrive.

And once I figure out how... And what thread to put them in haha.

I've had the Ares L85 too and in my opinion the ICS is certainly the better of the two.

YouTube Bullet4MyEnemy
                      : for thoughtful, retrospective commentary.
                      AirsoftOperator.com: for airsoft news, reviews, and wahoos.

Comment

I also have an ICS L85 and it's the only 'normal' AEG I use (I have 4 TM EBB's) and if you speak to any one who owns a TM EBB you'll know how much praise that is ! When I got it (second hand) it was in a right old state in side but once it was sorted its turned in to one of the best AEGs I've ever owned ( and I've had 25 plus through my hands) so I'd say yes it's well worth it .
                        From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

i have a ics sa80 and think it amazing! its solid, shoots well. its almost to the real weight which is like 4.04kg, which for anyone that is running around with TM M4 or anything as small and plastic as that this weapon will begin to get heavey for you! But is still amazing.
                          i am yet to upgrade it after having it from november still going stronge, all i have done is changed the hop rubber, spring and piston (but that is just what i do)i comes with a weak plastic 1 metal tooth piston so recomend and renfored plastic all metal tooth piston.
                          im still looking into what sight will fit on the this rail im not sure all SUSAT or acog like sights will fit and i cannot find any ICS branded ones? But i wounder what sight do you have jssmitty96?

Comment

Originally posted by L3G3ZVD View Post
                            i have a ics sa80 and think it amazing! its solid, shoots well. its almost to the real weight which is like 4.04kg, which for anyone that is running around with TM M4 or anything as small and plastic as that this weapon will begin to get heavey for you! But is still amazing.
                            i am yet to upgrade it after having it from november still going stronge, all i have done is changed the hop rubber, spring and piston (but that is just what i do)i comes with a weak plastic 1 metal tooth piston so recomend and renfored plastic all metal tooth piston.
                            im still looking into what sight will fit on the this rail im not sure all SUSAT or acog like sights will fit and i cannot find any ICS branded ones? But i wounder what sight do you have jssmitty96?
                            i use a elcan spectre DR on mine, had to get the rail adpater but it fits like a glove, also did some modifcation to mine to get the ugl on

Owner of DCS
                            (Doom custom shooters)
                            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Originally posted by L3G3ZVD View Post
                              Ares SUSAT fits the ICS mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X