Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Combat Machine CM-16 Raider-L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxs40...3cAUAAAAAAAHAA
    A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Re: G&G Combat Machine CM-16 Raider-L

Hi Ryan.

First, the positives. You have a fantastic camera manner, confident, really easy to listen to and well thought out. Well done man, this is the number one thing which makes a vid watchable! The review was quite thorough and the points you made are pretty good too, though some of the information you provided is a bit... eh iffy. HOWEVER that I can only imagine is something that will improve as you get your hands on more kit and will only get better. And I am not talking about the few forgotten terms or stumbled words, that's fine everyone does that

The point about you expecting the .20s to be better than .25s... very unlikely. At that fps, .25s are bang on, you may even be able to push .28s nicely. Check out the ATP for more info If you are getting sub-optimum performance, check that you re-assembled your hop propperly. In the vid you took the barrel assembly appart a bit more bravely (rashly?) than I tend to, and I have worked on quite a few guns in my time.

Check that you have not mis-aligned or even lost the nub (the little cylinder which comes into contact with the rubber) and put the hop on more carefully! apply a squirt of silicone to the rubber before you do and really take your time to line it up just right!

Next, those 2 little rubber are actually really cool to see on there, see how the unit lacks a spring to push the hop unit into the gearbox, i.e. there is just the pimple at the front of the hop unit? the o-rings are actually a better way to hold it in place, so it's a neat little feature which helps prevent inconsistencies and misfeeding.

Another cool feature was the locking front pin, i.e. you did not need to fully remove it to disassemble, it stayed attached to the upper reciever. That's frigging awesome! I thought only King Arms used those, really handy for field stripping the rifle.

Also, may be worth mentioning the size of the stock batt as well, and that it's a crane stock battery, but that's a minor

Awesome review dude! Thanks a lot, it's a great little gun!

Comment

Wow, thank you so much for that, it's extremely humbling having someone giving me pointers on all this, I'm new to the review scene (if you couldn't tell) so this feedback is just awesome. I'm sure my knowledge of the subject will indeed grow when I get my hands on more weapons.
      A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit.

Comment

Good review mate. Thumbs up. Im not gonna go into detail as bach seems to have covered everything it is a 450rnd mag that comes with it, good review nonetheless, as you get more into airsoft the reviews will get better.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yeah it is a 450rnd hi-cap that comes with it, they do wobble about a bit in the mag well but it's a minor issue

Comment

Ive yet to see a mag that doesnt wobble a little, even in the real thing they wobble around :/

Comment

Decent video review dude.
              I'm not sure if you do it. But it might be worth jotting down what you want to say & cover on paper.
              When I write reviews, I go over the gun and write down everything Im going to cover in my article. Gives me some structure and something to refer to.
              Im a bit of a geardo as well, so I make an effort to learn the RS part names =)
              Kiran Payne
              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Too true, it doesn't effect anything it is just a slight down side..plus if it didn't wobble it would be a struggle to get the mag in and out with ease

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  even in the real thing they wobble around :/
                  Cant you case a jam if you're holding the real thing by the mag? something to do with shells not feeding properly?
                  I havent personally fired a real M4 however, my marine friends have told me that they used to frequently jam if you supported the front by the magazine
                  Kiran Payne
                  TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                  Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Yes they do but the conditions of the theatre where they are in use play a part in that too, mags weren't meant for supporting the rifle, trying to control the recoil by holding the mag can bend the magazine and cause rounds to mis-feed, that's why rifles have a hand guard/ foregrip

Comment

^ pretty much that, but to be honest the m4 is horrifically unreliable anyways. Ive only used them on a range duing cadets (im 17, gtfo.) a while back, and even there is sunny old england they were jamming up. The Sa80a2 and lsw however werent jamming...

Comment

The l85a2 is a brilliant and reliable weapon, I shoot the cadets version of it (L98A2) all the time and I have only ever had a jam twice but that was because the last person to clean it didn't do a very good job...if you want a reliable rifle, get a British one

Comment

Shame that the a2s are german :l never fired an sa80 even at cadets?

Comment

Originally a British design but the parts for the a2 were made in germany, they have Hk markings all over them

Comment

its due to the fact that Enfield overcomplicated the L85A1 and tried to make it something it wasnt, hence the contract was then give to ZEE
                              GERMANS!! by the way great rewiew Ryan, will let you have some of my weapons to review sometime.
                              Uprgaded M82 // G&G M4 LaRue Custom // G&G L85A2 // TM G3 SG1 // TM P90rd // Franchi SAS12 (custom) // Maruzen VZ61 Scorpion // TM Glock 17 // TM Python // KJW USP Tactical //

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ryan Staple Find out more about Ryan Staple
                              Working...
                              X