*REQUEST* ANY SCAR! VFC, G&G and ARES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *REQUEST* ANY SCAR! VFC, G&G and ARES

Anybody able to do a review on any of these makes? Need to make an informed decision soon on which SCAR to get

Thanks!
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: *REQUEST* ANY SCAR! VFC, G&G and ARES

TM That is all

Comment

Not very useful, is it? It's not in my price range so not an option, that's why it wasn't put in the title.
      TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
      TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

from what i have been told by various techs ...avoid the ares gun .. gears of cheese is the best descryption of these..g&g willbe toptech spec ... so 2yr warranty at some retailers . not sure on your last make though . pm me if you want to find a g&G main agent ... with that warranty

Comment

VFC: Glorious externals (apart from the incorrect trademarks), average (decent) internals, fair price compared to a TM.

Comment

Money no object, go TM.

If, however, you are more sensible (strapped) with your cash and perhaps already have mags that will fit another Scar model...

The VFC as said has good externals, can be taken down easily and if you can get an older one, will have trades. The new VFC's have no trades, and getting hold of them can be difficult. The gearbox internals are certainly 'no frills' content.

The G&G is solid with decent internals and externals.

I have been running an Ares for 4 years now with a mosfet and had no problems, the externals are almost on a par with the VFC (unless you're looking really hard for cast marks and the like). It has a quick change gearbox which also makes working on it much easier. Rather than a regular trigger mech it has a microswitch which gives much better trigger response and will outlive just about any traditional trigger mech, ever. I'm still running the original gears and have had no issues.

The price on VFC, Ares and G&G are very similar, so if one of them came up cheap at a retailer I'd go for that one.

The Classic army is a pain to work on and has absolutely no advantage over any of its competitors, its also coloured unrealistically and the only one I'd avoid out the the big names along with a dboys clone because of the high content of poor quality materials.
            AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
            G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

VFC:

Ive owned one for just over a year and bought it 2nd hand from a mate and it cost me a fortune but well worth it...anyway..

Externals are 2nd too none in my view, has full trades and metal upper and poly lower (just like the real thing)Also comes with a folding stock where the wires are hidden. Easy to use and clean. I will however point out the battery space in the stock is VERY tight and ive had to redo the wiring in the stock once already after one of the wres snapped!

You really cant go wrong with a VFC SCAR but as has been said they are getting quite rare now and not many about.

Comment

You could try a Classic Army SCAR-L Its one of my main Weapons, have great range and brilliant accuracy.. I believe they came with tight bores as standard... might be wrong. metal top reciever strong APS reciever I believe there also stronger than VFC plastic receviers. easy take down and used a slightlly custom M4 hop unit, with abit of modding I now have a madbull in mine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                Working...
                X