Cyma rpk 74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma rpk 74

Needing a review of one of these please, any info or advice/ experience with these much appreciated. Cheers guys

Pm Beverage. He has had one for a while now.

Al.
    sigpic
    Dog Soldiers Airsoft - We hope we give you the shits.

Comment

Wardy paste what I sent you here mate so people can see

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.271968,-4.587816
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Cyma rpk 74

Had one when they first came out. Brief review would be:
        Good build quality, but front bipod can be a bit spindly as its pot metal (some have had them break)
        High FPS out of box, they have m120's as standard!
        Blinking heavy, but then you would expect that from a full metal and wood gun
        Battery in stock area is quite small, but you can fit a decent sized battery in there by fitting a smaller fuse holder.
        Likes cyma mags, but will take others if you shave a tad off the tab allowing them to sit higher in the well.
        Its a cyma gearbox so just goes on and on.

I sold it as it was too heavy for me (read unfit bloke knackered by the weight slogging through mud), but still miss it and hanker after another. Hard to find a drum mag that will fit, unless you can source a cyma one. The long mags make firing prone a bit of a chore as its hard to get really low, but great resting on a log or barrier. Really intimidating to the opposition as it just chuggs out a stream of bb's keeping people heads down (lonex flash mags would work wonders in them)

Overall a great gun for the money and on par with the SRC gen 3 rpk, but I would choose the cyma over the two and a damn sight cheaper than rpk kit guns.
        Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Src drum mag fit if you shave it slightly. Nice and snug. Ares will defiantly not fit!!! I found that little £80 lesson out already

Comment

Very good gun. Reliable. All I have changed is the piston for one with metal teeth. And this was because im a tit and i was using and 11v lipo in support role. I have a Masada with all the toys in it and I rarely use it. The rpk rules the day. I love the weight and feel. Great gun!!! Very accurate and bipod is useful. I have a 2600rd src drum mag. It is great they are rare to find though.

Bad points.

Warning though fps out of the box is sky high. Mine was 450 so if you go to a sight thats hot with the Chrono. Then it needs a downgrade. Fairly easy to strip and maintain though so not exactly a problem.

The mag and charger that come with want to go straight in the bin. You want Dboys 1000 rd ak mags. They are pretty good.

I use a 7.4v lipo in it and it's been fine. And I put serious rounds through it. I use it in the support role laying down cover fire and it's been pretty good. The hop is really good better than m4. Any more questions fire away. Definatly worth the money.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (pm sent to me by beverage) thanks mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wardy Find out more about wardy
            Working...
            X