G&G GR16A2 plastic review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR16A2 plastic review

Upon opening the beautiful G&G box on Christmas day I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. Despite being made of plastic the body feels almost metallic and doesn't flex at all under pressure. Apart from the front sling mount and the fake bolt catch the gun doesn't rattle at all when shaken and has a very solid feel about it, the mag-well is slightly loose but that's easily fixed with a bit of tape around the top of the mag or on the inside of the mag-well. One problem I did have with the gun when I first got it was the fake bolt was slightly bent which lead to my hop-up getting damaged but zero one was very understanding and fixed it free of charge with record speed. With a 9.6v battery the gun shoots very smoothly and has a steady rate of fire. The gun chonoed at 324.8 with 0.2's which is pretty much perfect for UK airsoft.

Last week I took this gun to the first and only outpost site which is local to me, the indoor parts of the site are semi auto only and I was pleased to find that the gun has a very nice trigger response and I was able to send a lot of rounds downrange quickly. Later on we had a game outside and this is where I really put the gun to the test, with a bit of hop-up adjustment I was able to achieve kills at about 130 feet with a short full auto burst. The hop-up is very stiff and can be a pain to adjust but since it is so stiff it can be adjusted with precision and once you've got it right you don't really need to touch it again.

To conclude this gun is a very nice, solid, accurate gun which is great for starters.

About the Author

Collapse

Alexdermietzel Find out more about Alexdermietzel
Working...
X