Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC SCAR-L Review

This is my first review so go easy on me

I recently bought this gun off the forums for £200 (BARGAIN!) but retails for about £350. As I have only owned it for a few days and haven't skirmished it yet, this'll just be a quick overview of the guns externals and first impressions. I'll update after Sunday once it's been skirmished.

With the gun you get:

- The VFC SCAR-L MK16 Mod 0 in Flat Dark Earth,
    - A 300 rd high capacity mag, (FN Herstal style).
    - A cleaning rod,
    - A manual and VFC Catalog.

Features:
    - Ambidextrous Safety / Fire Selector
    - 6 Position Folding Stock with 3 Position Cheek Piece
    - CNC Aluminum one piece upper receiver.
    - Stainless Steel Gas Block (hides a hop up adjustment tool and torx screwdriver) Nice little feature!
    - Functional Bolt Catch
    - CNC Machined Aluminum Folding Front Sight
    - CNC Machined Steel Flash Hider / Folding Rear Sight
    - Battery carried inside stock with Hidden Wiring
    - Removable outer barrel
    - Realistic Field Stripping

The externals:

What can I say, VFC are known for their outstanding externals and they really delivered with the SCAR. One thing I was worried about was the difference in colour of the metal upper reciever and polymer lower reciever but there is not an obvious difference in most lights. Its weight is definitely noticeable but not cumbersome and it feels very solid. All in all a solid external build with absolutely no wobbles.

First thoughts on performance:

The rate of fire is awesome. Not much else to be said about it. Although, it does have a deans connector to give it a bit of a boost. It manages to reach the end of my garden without any trouble (about 35m), and the accuracy is definitely above average but may warrant a tightbore. I'll give a more accurate measurement of range and accuracy after skirmishing on sunday so watch this space!

I know it's short but I will be adding more to it in the coming week.

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to help any way I can.

-archer-
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: VFC SCAR-L Review

i like your short review, be sure to check out mine.I have an ares scar l and i have noticed that there is always an arguement. I suppose both Ares and VFC exceed in some features but lack on other, so they cancel each other out. Do you agree?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
    Working...
    X