I have a problem with my well g96/aw338

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem with my well g96/aw338

First of all this is a brillant gun until i got it, it worked but kept curving to the left but had good range, so i tried to bend the barrel so it was straight but after i put the gun back together it shoots straight but falls after about 20ft if anybodys got any suggestions it would be very greatful, thanks. This is the gas version just incase that makes a difference. Thanks

Re: I have a problem with my well g96/aw338

you bent the barrel!? thats why adjust the hop up! its probably cause its hitting the barrel BECAUSE YOU BENT IT! foool

Comment

Please, tell us how exactly you went about bending the barrel?
      This will help us work out exactly what may be wrong with it.

(And also give us something to laugh about. I've got a fantastic mental image at the moment of a do it yourself, bent barrel)
      Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

ok.. theres only two things that would cause this to go to the left......

senario 1:

the hop up was set too high and you were holding it gansta stylee on its side, one handed (good trick seeing as its a sniper rifle... lol)

Senario 2:

put simply... WIND!!!

one thing you never do with any airsoft weapon...... is bend things that should definatly stay straight!!

ask on forums on for advice if your unsure as to issues, never tinker with it if you dont know what your doing..... this could be an expensive lesson if its more than the barrel thats now buggerd.....

Comment

Not quite true. I used to have springer sniper and the barrel wasn't properly aligned with the firing mech hence it curved a little.
          Weapons free

Comment

I've got the G21 gas bolt which is the same internals, from the factory they shoot all over the place.

the inner barrel & hop up isnt lined up straight with the outer barrel... this causes the hop adjustment to spoon the bb to the left or right.

to fix this: detach barrel from firing bolt. remove inner from outer barrel. simply refit- this time lining up the inner barrel & hop at vertical - this is held in with a tiny allen bolt (which is what they didn't do at the factory) sorted.

while you've got the thing appart check the spacers on the inner barrel.

for a vid look up patriot sniper paul on youtube... might explain it better than me.

(this worked for me but my barrel is pretty straight) good luck, if the worst comes to the worst you an buy a tight bore innit.

Comment

Right first of all never had the hop-up on yet wanted to see how far it would go when off so nothing to do with the hop-up, when i took the inner barrel out it was bent when i put it on a flat surface the middle was about a cm above the surface. For the amusment of Rogue9 i put 1 side of the barrel on the ground then held the middle with 1 hand and pulled the other side up with the other hand. Hopup not on and no wisny holding it gansta style, i was useing bypod. am sore it wasnt the wind because i shoot the mag (23) and all went to the same place. will try mr lean 81 idea and see what happens and the outer barrel dosnt hav any spacers the hole outer barrel is like one big spacer. thanks for all the suggestion and its good to no that yous had a good laught at this post. just reading it the now iam laughting at how stupid i was bending the barrel a well s**t happens.

Comment

really a whole CM off the table? that's a big bend mate, can't even see it fitting into the outer barrel..

Comment

well i would say that it was at LEAST that, thats why i went for a diy moment

Comment

got reen gas for it, works like a dream bought a tight bore barrel and new hop up for it anyway think its going to be well good, thanks

Comment

What hop did u get mate? Got it in n workin yet? Results?

Comment

workin well with the new gas going to the right a small bit but thats because i havent got te front screw holdin the barrel in, got a element hop up not in yet waiting on tightbore barrel should come in tommorow then il put the new barrel and hop up in at the same time, will put results up asap, thanks.

Comment

got the tightbore and hop up in shoots straight andis a great gun very powerful cant wait t go airsofting the moro with it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

chrisk545 Find out more about chrisk545
                          Working...
                          X