A&K SVD Dragunov Spring Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A&K SVD Dragunov Spring Rifle

Yarp. Althogh it may be a tad longer because the PSG is imo too long lol. (special AK silencer to cover it)
    CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
    CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

Got this gun now! It's awesome!!
      Armory:
      A&K M249 - A&K Dragunov - CYMA AK47-s - JG G36C - JG Scorpion - Warrior L96 - JG M4A1 - KS P90

Comment

Originally posted by fallout3021 View Post
        it takes aeg barrels as well as hopup and spring all from an aeg
        What AEG? I'm assuming AK types only?

"Superior Firepower: If it's not working, you're not using enough!"

Comment

I put a Mad Bull 650cm tight bore AEG inner barrel into mine. Awesome accuracy!

Comment

Ok what I meant was a 650mm Mad Bull tight bore 6.03mm inner barrel!

Comment

guys, i had one of trhese fab guns, mine was chroned at 213fps when i sold it to a guy. So teflon tape so,e areas seriously it boosts up the fps by a dramtic amount.
              sigpic
              ---------------------------------------------------
              Advertising is not permitted on this forum

Comment

OK for the world who dosent have a vernier gauge to measure the a&k Dragunov svd,
                Here they are so you can find upgrades.

CYLINDER
                outer- 25mm
                inner- 23.3mm
                length- 95mm

PISTON
                length- 105mm
                width- 23.2 mm
                from back to sear ledge- 8mm
                sear ledge- 2.25mm

SPRINGS
                main inner- 11mm
                main outer- 15mm
                main length- 170mm

return inner- 5mm
                return outer- 7mm
                return length- 140mm
                Originally posted by DCRISP07
                An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

it uses any aeg barrel ,spring and hop rubber ,i luckily got my hands on a kingarms piston

Comment

Could you PM me a link to the scope mounts website so I can get one for my ARES SVDS, many thanks

Comment

just picked up one of these 2nd hand and wow, just wow, i could almost say the gun is perfect apart from the bolt, but that can be "fixed" to allow me to actualy pull the thing back.
                      any advice on how to add more of a handle to the bolt?

Comment

I'm waiting for Dragunov to arrive but I love the bolt on the l96, is there anyway that one, or something similar could be fitted to the SVD?
                        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by steve grey View Post
                          I'm waiting for Dragunov to arrive but I love the bolt on the l96, is there anyway that one, or something similar could be fitted to the SVD?
                          It would be cheaper and easier to buy an L96!

Al.
                          sigpic
                          Dog Soldiers Airsoft - We hope we give you the shits.

Comment

I had one of these. Loved it to bits.

I got the real wood ACM kit, and SVD scope with it. Looked the dogs, and the 4x26 magnification may have been shorter than an ACOG, but for airsoft ranges, it was perfect, albeit a little small, the scope's FOV- but you get used to it.

In it's hay day, it had a Mad Bull Ver.2 Black Python 650mm and a TM hop rubber. I was getting amazing results with 0.25g BBs. Don't listen to the tool above, saying you "NEED 0.36gBBs!!!" no, you really don't.

I used 0.25g and 0.3g BBs, I had it tuned perfectly for range, so much so that when i exhausted my 250rnd magazine of 0.25g BBs, i put in my back up 0.3g mag, and the BBs were going further, but rocketing upwards towards the end of flight too! Simply put, my rifle was set up to cope with 0.25g BBs perfectly.

In the end I found the SVD to be a PERFECT close range/low FPS marksman rifle. I got bored sniping targets from 70-80m away, so I tuned it to be super accurate with 0.3g BBs and could land a crotch shot from 50m. :D

HOWEVER, the bad things I found with my rifle:
                            -The barrel needs to constantly be stripped and tightened. Or, it'll come loose and you'll lose A LOT of range. I had to tighten it up before and after each skirmish.
                            -The cocking bolt is for men only. Ok, I don't literally mean it like that, but it really, really is hard (unless you downgrade the spring). I used mine all day and in the last game of the day i had the butt of the gun on the floor, using my body weight to pull the bolt down... I was knackered, but great for your right bicep!

And as many have said, this will take A LOT of AEG internals. Obviously not motors and electrical parts, but Hop Rubbers, nubs, barrels, pistons, cylinders... etc, etc.
                            Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 21 January, 2012, 09:10. Reason: added info
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
                              just picked up one of these 2nd hand and wow, just wow, i could almost say the gun is perfect apart from the bolt, but that can be "fixed" to allow me to actualy pull the thing back.
                              any advice on how to add more of a handle to the bolt?
                              They made a pretty easy to do c02 gas conversion for this gun it really makes the spring easy to pull.

Depends on what fps you want and why your having trouble with it. you might want to put in an irregular-pitch spring to make it easier to start pulling the handle or if they come with that type of spring switch over to a straight spring to make the force more consistent.

I`m sure if I had the bolt in-front of me I could rig something up to make it longer or if its steel I`d just weld some pipe onto it lol
                              sigpic
                              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Solid steel I am afraid!

But if you don't like the bolt, to the extent you want to change it, it's not really the gun for you.
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

013753 I am Owen Find out more about 013753
                                Working...
                                X