Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Simple tactics transferable from paintball to help you stay alive longer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Simple tactics transferable from paintball to help you stay alive longer!

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    Missed the edit time on this.
    When engaged in the open never present your side profile. In airsoft it doesnt so much matter as a hits a hit, but in real world you face straight on to the target, the reason being is your most heavily armoured area is your front or back, if you side on to the target you stand a high chance of exposing the soft fleshy parts with limited armour.
    I thought this was just airsoft, not an American real combat SHTF Forum? I'll keep this in mind when engaging tangoes IRL on the ragged battlefields of the west midlands.

One trick that really helped me out in CQB recently was keeping in mind that most people tend to assume targets will always pop out of cover at head and chest height. That's when you get an extra half a second drop on people by leaning around a door at knee height or lower. In fact, in some of the closest CQB I've ever seen, leaning around a door while laying on my back allowed me to surprise the hell out of several dudes in a corridor long enough to get all three with shotgun shot each.

Changing where you pop out from and changing location also sounds obvious to the wannabe Simo Häyhä sniper types but then it's often immediately forgotten once you are not sniping.

One trick that paintball and airsoft taught me that you can't really do in omgRealCombat? If you are on infinite respawn, you should be brutally aggressive like never before. Anyone holding back is being a waste, suffocate your enemies with your fallen corpses :v

Comment

Originally posted by Hawaiian Special Forces View Post
      One trick that paintball and airsoft taught me that you can't really do in omgRealCombat?
      Don't forget the bullet-proof bushes! :D

Comment

One that is easily transferable from RL is when holding corners, get to a corner, lay down fire then stay there, each time the other player is going to cover they have essentially lost that corner. All the time you are aiming at that general area ready to either hit them or supress them.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I'm a little disgusted at how many people have been so rude.

I appologise on behalf of Zeroin...

On topic, I have already discovered that crouch... except I put it more into a movement.
          I play mainly woodland, in waist high ferns, sometimes even larger. And by "squat running" (which is a surprisingly good platform for running and gunning) I can keep in cover, reducing my visible target and can sneak around enemy forces!

Worked all the time for me with my Tri-Shottie!
          :p
          Except it does make you thighs burn over long periods of time!
          sigpic

Comment

Another tip. If you have a smooth indoor floor and kneepads, a run up followed by a kneeslide is possibly the fastest and most fun way to move between open areas. Just be sure you don't aim your slide wrong and impale yourself on a barricade or slide into a dark area or something, because that would be stupid and you would look stupid.
            Last edited by Hawaiian Special Forces; 9 May, 2012, 14:37.

Comment

I'm pretty positive 'squatting' was taught as an approved firing stance when I did my last Annual Personal Weapons Test in 2000, may have changed in the last ten years.

I seen to remember being taught to shoot by the army from standing, kneeling, squatting and prone, the squat was obviously done side on to the target.

I dont think any shots were on the APWT were actually taken squatting (i seem to recall them all being in or around those small trenches on gravel banks) but i'm sure it was part of skill at arms training.

Like I say been over ten years.

Good advice on 'chicken winging' though, see that done a lot by even experienced players.

Another good point to tack on to the point about firing over barricades is when you're *behind* cover, dont pop up in the same place, if you go to ground shuffle a metre left or right before moving or shooting or the odds are the other player is aiming where you went to ground.

Comment

Yup, i'm not imagining it.

This is taken from the MODs website on the section on the combat shotgun, note it states the 'squatting position' is the only one not suitable for this weapon but implies that the squat is a standard 'stance'.

"The shotgun can be fitted with a single point elasticated sling or the issued rifle sling and can be fired from any of the conventional fire positions with the exception of the squatting position."

http://www.army.mod.uk/equipment/sup...ons/17927.aspx

Comment

Apologies for the necro-post, but here's a few from my experiences in CQB...

1. The vast majority of players (who shall be named 'everyone' from here onwards) expect enemy players to come into a room/building through the door, and as such for reasons best known to themselves ignore the windows. Abuse this like the abusery-type-person you are!

2. Everyone aims at chest height - god knows why. If you reach a corner and there's an enemy on the other side, drop prone, grab the corner and drag yourself round, and pop them in the shin. Works like a charm.

3. When taking stairwells from the ground it's best to do it in at least a pair. Get one person to sit under the stairs as best as they can and just fire up to the floor above - keep firing to keep the enemy players ducking whilst your partner storms up the stairs. Assuming your partner survives he calls out to you when it's safe to move up, and then you haul arse upstairs to support him.

4. When moving into a new room or corridor where the enemy could be to either side of the doorway, go in twos, sidearms in hand if possible. Go in side by side, one person rolling left the other right. Move fast and you might just make it. Sending a pryo in first tends to tip the balance toward you being the victor.

5. Moscarts are scary. People tend not to want any of that big angry cloud of 6mm, .2g bees. They sting. If you are pushing a doorway, archway, corridor, etc, and don't have time to stop to strike a pyro, then put a moscart round through it first, preferably making the enemy duck back out of the way for maximum "Oh crap!" factor.

6. Be unpredicatable - if an enemy expects you to come round a corner, double back and hit them from the side or behind. If you engage an enemy in a corridor or large room, they are going to react to where they last saw you. Drop back, flank around, and hit them from where they least expect it.

7. Be aggressive. I know it's already been mentioned here but I want to stress the importance of this. CQB can quickly cut you off from your team - if you are the point man going into a building and the guys immediately behind you get taken out, that will stop the guys behind them from getting to you in support. You are alone, and the only way you will have a chance of surviving is if you hit hard and fast. Sneak around if you can, but chances are if they hit your support they know you are there. Everyone seems to expect an engagement with the enemy to involve lots of popping up from cover and trading fire with each other. The best thing you can do here is be as generous as you can - just because the enemy doesn't want your bb's shouldn't stop you from giving them out in spades! Hit them hard and fast and don't give them a chance to use their superior numbers against you. At the very least you'll make them work for their kill.

8. This is a big one. (giggity) Pyro is king. There are many different types of pyro, but they all have their uses.

Mk.5's or Thermobarics are cheap, can be thrown overarm and the fizz of the fuse makes grown men kack themselves! On the flip side that fizz also gives away your element of surprise - and a couple of seconds notice could be all the difference between a win and a fail. Example - I was coming through an entrance lobby of a building and an enemy player heard me. He sparked up a mk.5 and tossed it through the doorway he was guarding into the lobby. I heard the fizz and as such had time to sprint into the corridor he was in and double tap him in the chest and get out of the radius of the pyro before it went boom.

Delay BFG's get around this issue by not fizzing - that said they are limited in their uses for health and safety reasons on account of them being big bloody chunks of metal! They do make one hell of a clattering noise when rolled but that doesn't tend to be as distinctive as the fizzing of a mk.5 or thermobaric. In addition they are essentially one use only in any single encounter as you wont tend to be able to recover them and reload them until the fight is over.

Impact BFG's are very useful for breaching rooms as they can be posted around a doorframe or through a window, maintaining the element of surprise as the first time you tend to notice them is when they go off. The downside of course is that they go off the second they hit the floor - or any other hard surface - shins included. You need to be very aware of where you are posting them for health and safety reasons and because of this, and their very nature you tend to need to be right on top of the enemy to use them. Still, they are immensely useful in any close up engagement.
                  Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

You would also be surprised by the number of people who will run from a used pyro if you make the fizzing sound yourself. Open door chuck in pyro, make silly noise wait for the sound of boots then pop in and shoot them in the back.
                    Did this to the same guy twice within about ten minutes

Comment

don't forget to have your weapon at about 45 degrees facing downward. i know it sounds silly to most airsofters who haven't served but i got taught this during my air 338 course by bootys and it works im able to bring my M4 up and fire off 2-3 rounds before someone who has their weapon facing across their bodies.
                      and did i read about sliding across the floor on your knees in CQB? well mr seansamurai has done that movement

there has been some good tips on this thread but like most threads on here you get people calling others walts and others hating. i think they need to get out more and stop whining about things they didn't think of
                      Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

Very effectively too Mr Felix.
                        Although not taught to general (I thought after watching to much Act of Valour that it would be 'cool').

As for 45 degrees, that is a taught thing, either up or down, which ever is more comfortable to snap to aim faster with.
                        @Gadge, a lot has changed in 10 years, the crouch wasnt fully disregarded but not advised as it is classed as a stress position so is counter productive to marksmanship (which is kinda funny with a shotgun).
                        section 24 of the 1968 Act
                        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I regularly watch Magpul Dynamic's Art of the Tactical Carbine and practice the included drills. The speed and tactical reloads have helped me really up certain parts of my game. I'd honestly advise everyone that wants to improve their skills to give it a watch.

Comment

Some good tips in there, ill be giving them a go next time in out! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                              I regularly watch Magpul Dynamic's Art of the Tactical Carbine and practice the included drills. The speed and tactical reloads have helped me really up certain parts of my game. I'd honestly advise everyone that wants to improve their skills to give it a watch.
                              The downside to speed reloads when using a GBBR is that AEG Pmags are designed to take a battering so you can just drop them, but if you just drop a £40 GBBR mag you are asking for trouble!

I have no problems doing it with my cheap AEG mags though! :D
                              Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Lmao. Its not so much the flinging of the mags out at mach 4 type speeds that I was on about, its more the little things like bringing the rifle up into my sight (work space in magpul speak) so I'm reloading and still able to observe what going on aswell and such gems.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gair333 Perfection is often hard to achieve, yet some people attain it. I am not one of those people, sadly. As the Deli Llama once said "Be excellent to each other". Find out more about Gair333
                                Working...
                                X