ideal zeroing range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ideal zeroing range

That has been said.... set hop roughly, zero roughly, set hop finally and lock it off, *usually a dab of loctite works* and set zero finally.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
      Then again, having a set range on your scope is one thing, but knowing how high to aim off to get further distances is born from experience. Only range time will teach that.
      If you know that when you've got top half (waist to top of head) of a person between middle and top of your cross hair represents say 20M, then if they occupy half that on your Cross hair then they are 40M away and so on.

That's how I've ranged my M4/C8 rifle. I use the ACOG to get an approx distance and then aim off (or dead on at medium range) knowing how I zero'd in the scope in the first place. This cross hairs can be really useful.

It's a bit scientific to set up but once done and you practice, it works well enough in the field since you you aim and shoot. There again I have the luxury of using a laser range finder when I zero in my weapons with the ACOG.
      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

i was refering to knowing how far to aim off target at certain ranges for your rifle... This is where mildots are useful for a.... airsoft designed range method... lets be honest.. the 100 yard incriments are somewhat useless in standard form :P

Comment

2 types of ammo? what?
          I was on about 22. ammo and 6mm BB's
          I have an aimpoint on my member

Comment

Here was me thinking you meant .12 .2. .23 .25 .28 .3. .33 .36 .38 .43 :P

Comment

i was refering to knowing how far to aim off target at certain ranges for your rifle... This is where mildots are useful for a.... airsoft designed range method... lets be honest.. the 100 yard incriments are somewhat useless in standard form :P
              So was I. I use mildots with my sniper rifle- once in a year! You can use the same principle with an ACOG cross hairs with divisions on it.

With distance beyond about 45M I need to aim on or a number divisions above centre and make an adjustment for wind.

However WHEN I fart the centre dot does wiggle and I just can't compensate- any suggestions?
              Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

22nd SAS Find out more about 22nd SAS
              Working...
              X