CQB tactics/help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB tactics/help!

Hi, i need some help, i have been playing airsoft for about 7 months now. I find that im much better at woodland than CQB, although i play CQB alot more, is there any help or tactics you guys can give me to improve my game? Thank you.

To mods. If this is in the wrong place feel free to move.
    B&T MP5SD5

Re: CQB tactics/help!!

Well, first I'd say be aware of cover, and what you're doing in it. Covers good for stopping BB's, but its also concelment. Make sure you're not flagging with your rifle or limbs/top of your head. Giving your position away in cover just allows an enemy to wait for you to slip up.
    On a similar note, look around, not over cover, and try and stay as low as possible when you do to present a smaller target.
    Also, doing it alone only makes things harder. If you can, buddy up so that one person can cover while the other moves to a new positon. Move building to to building going up a street, and door to door going across.

All I can think of for now.

Comment

Well it depends on what cqb site you play as some are a lot more cqb then others
      The best tactics I use at Bristol courthouse are simple

-always have your weapon shouldered ready for snap shots, ive got many people when they have been moving with their weapon down and we have run into each other
      -Keep moving, a mobile target is a harder one and because the rooms in the courthouse all have more then one way in if you camp you will get flanked and shot in the ass
      -be quiet as possible, sound is a big give away in the court as its close
      -try and work with a team or just another person so you have someone covering your 6 and vice versa

Comment

I play in the tunnels at UCAP if that helps
        B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Door frame =

Line up at the side
          Throw in as much pyro as possible
          Chase after it as soon as the last one is thrown in shooting at anything that looks remotely gun/man shaped
          SAVE OUR SPORT
          http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

Be aware of where you cast your shadow, this is one people always forget, just be aware of the light source. As already mentioned, be as quiet as possible untill your postion is given away, then go crazy.

In CQB you have to be ballsey. The whole he who dares wins etc etc, it's not like woodland where you can endlessly reposition, sometimes there is only one door way and you just have to throw yourself energetically through it.
            "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

As already mentioned, pyro helps. Bravery and momentum count for a hell of a lot in CQB, get in there and keep moving. Also, ROF and trigger response can give you the edge in those 50/50s
              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

To add on to Anothers post, light source is important, UCAP can really show it at times, lights behind you can backlight you and obscure your view to, this makes you a target. On the otherhand an enemy backlit is a big target, try it sometime you will see what I mean.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Bravery and speed....nuff said.

Comment

also your back up and good comms help.
                    i find radio,s essential.
                    keep low.
                    move fast but be-aware of all doors.corridors,etc.
                    grenades in first then straight in....
                    team work is essential.
                    always keep an eye on were your gong but also were you have been,
                    it is a lot to take in to be fair hence the army spends months if not years
                    honeing the skills of the troops.
                    have patiance,keep practacing ....it will come.
                    wood land may seem easier as the fields of views are more open,

Comment

i cant remember who sead this but Speed Aggregation Surprise
                      //We G36e// We G36c // We SA80 //We mp5 a5 //We m4 // G&G G36c // marui desert eagle // kwa usp.45 // well vsr11 // TM UZI // JG G3 // cyma 870 long

Comment

Thanks guys this really helps a lot, will try and practise all of what you have said andhope it comes lol
                        B&T MP5SD5

Comment

RUN and gun :D

Comment

Originally posted by mrboo View Post
                            i cant remember who sead this but Speed Aggregation Surprise
                            i remember that being said in one of the ultimate force episodes but dont ask me which one

Comment

Speed Agression and Suprise are the princaples taught by the SAS for CQB hostage rescue, I belive.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SA-80_DUDE25 Find out more about SA-80_DUDE25
                              Working...
                              X