• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BEST Way to use the ICS L86A2

It's fine I find one but it was named under p-mags haha

Comment

IM thinking of getting a WE L85 is it any good ?

Comment

They are good but by no means a 1st GBBR type weapon.
        They can need slight fiddling and upgrading to be 101% and with all GBB weapons need regular inspection and maintenance.

You better option would be a Ares or ICS L85

Comment

Cheers but as I'm still an ameteur airsofter ill stick with this one but I'm going to try and take it to a shop cause now the hop up. Is bust but I found a hop up nub on the floor so i dismantled the gun and looking at the hop up I have absolutely no ideas where i re attach the nub pleas help

Comment

From memory there is a hole in the left hand side of the hop unit, wind the hop all the way off and it's a little tight to fit through the hole but it will go in.

Comment

I've used mine in two differing ways;

In a support role I had a Drum mag and 11.1 lipo for some quite nice "3 second" bursts
              I now replaced the top ris rail for a 20mm rail (ICS make them)
              I've cut down a tightbore inner barrel as I couldn't find one to fit.
              I replaced the spring to reflect the DMR fps limits of my site and disconnected the selector to leave it on single shot

Lots of fun!

R

Comment

Just looking at it i see no hole what so ever illnpost a photo to show

Comment

Thanks guys ive fixed it but im going to get this hop up http://www.armamat.com/airsoft/p/fr/...Bull/2948/106/ and this barrell http://www.armamat.com/airsoft/p/fr/...90mm/2944/122/

Comment

BArrel length doesnt matter as much as a good hop rubber. You could try (given they are long barrels) a stainless steel one for stability. Given the outer has a tendancy to move when the bipod is in use ( I assume its dropping when not supported in a similar way to the Ares one) then a steel barrel may cope better longer term.

Comment

Not sure where people are getting this crazy idea that the LSW is used as a DMR. Balls, that's what we have the Sharpshooter rifle. The LSW isn't used anymore, especially not in theatre! it's the worlds worst designed weapon system! It earned the nickname "Long Silly Weapon" for a reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Hill View Post
                        Not sure where people are getting this crazy idea that the LSW is used as a DMR. Balls, that's what we have the Sharpshooter rifle. The LSW isn't used anymore, especially not in theatre! it's the worlds worst designed weapon system! It earned the nickname "Long Silly Weapon" for a reason!
                        Steady Tiger!
                        Let's not confuse the ******* ***** with "reality"
                        After careful reading I don't see anyone reflecting your opinion so perhaps you may have posted in the wrong thread?
                        Anyways.....

Comment

He is correct, The LSW was originally brought out as a support weapon (a support weapon that used the same mags as regular service rifle, GO MOD!!!!!)

Troops then found with the extended and heavier barrel installed it could be used in a DMR style role as Effective range was greater than standard rifle

Now they use the L129A1 as standard DMR which used a 7.62 round for more range and accuracy as the 5.56mm is limited

Comment

That's fair enough , I heard somewhere that the 5.56mm round isnt enough to kill people in one hot however the 7.62mm round it more effective in the sense , please correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by curlyrocks View Post
                              That's fair enough , I heard somewhere that the 5.56mm round isnt enough to kill people in one hot however the 7.62mm round it more effective in the sense , please correct me if I'm wrong
                              Yeah fivefivesixers are better for maiming than straight out killing. I remember having this discussion with my old CO. He explained that the 5.56 was good for entering the body and not exiting, this meant that the round would rattle around the body causing a lot of damage. Whereas the 7.62 would rip straight through.

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought ass well , I heard the bullets were none to shatter in the body

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

curlyrocks Find out more about curlyrocks
                                Working...
                                X