sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Damn your lucky theres no end of young shooters at my local who like to run there trap about how there kit is suprior, probably is but iv lernt to use mine Your right tho just the obligitory STFU and move on.

Tho back on topic, I know alot of sites have minimum engagment ranges for snipers usaly for over a set fps, have any of you had any problems with young guns who turn up with a tooled out rifle and cant judge distance. If so how can you go about educating them on rage guessing....Im getting a little fed up of taking a round from a high power rifle from 10-15 meters away (usaly some were realy fleshy as well).

Curtis

Comment

my ghillie.

not great but it does the job.

shorter strands on the left arm as this is my trigger arm - so is more bunched up.

I have various elastic loops all over the ghillie - and will be adding more soon.

mac
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
        my ghillie.

does the job.
        Thats all that you need from a ghillie tho boss

Comment

Originally posted by The Eternal Child View Post
          Damn your lucky theres no end of young shooters at my local who like to run there trap about how there kit is suprior, probably is but iv lernt to use mine Your right tho just the obligitory STFU and move on.

Tho back on topic, I know alot of sites have minimum engagment ranges for snipers usaly for over a set fps, have any of you had any problems with young guns who turn up with a tooled out rifle and cant judge distance. If so how can you go about educating them on rage guessing....Im getting a little fed up of taking a round from a high power rifle from 10-15 meters away (usaly some were realy fleshy as well).

Curtis
          sorry I meant live rifle not airsoft.

you often get mouthy b*stards at airsoft. but being airsoft you get the pleasure of shooting them! :D

if you get shot up close like that then either get a marshal to give them a warning or give them a right bollocking yourself.
          just a "what the hell do you think you are doing?!?! - thats a 500fps rifle you have a min engagement distance" is usually enough to send them into scared rabbit mode.
          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yeah giving a bollocking is a done thing but do any of you have any advice that perhapse I could pass on so they dont keep getting an earful off me. Iv always found judging distances quite easy, I know its not so easy for some people. As origionaly stated this thread was made to help others and maybe lern something yourself down the line. Would be nice to be able to aid the youngsters on distances some what so they dont see me as the big angry bearded fella.

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by The Eternal Child View Post
              Yeah giving a bollocking is a done thing but do any of you have any advice that perhapse I could pass on so they dont keep getting an earful off me. Iv always found judging distances quite easy, I know its not so easy for some people. As origionaly stated this thread was made to help others and maybe lern something yourself down the line. Would be nice to be able to aid the youngsters on distances some what so they dont see me as the big angry bearded fella.

Curtis
              lol I'me a bearded man myself. lol. if anything we can be scary when angry.

but you are quite right. I suppose it is all too easy to have a go - I have done it and in hindsight it probably isn't the best thing to do.

depends on the situation really.

the nice - mature thing to do would be to take them under your wing.

OI = that was too close - let me help you out, then try and show them the min engagement distance then get them to try and do the same.

then go for the "thats a nice rifle" etc etc.

ask what weight bb's they use etc.

If you have the sniper rifle with you - you could offer to be their spotter for the day and show them how it is all done.
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yeah think Ill speak to the marshals next time it happens and instead of them getting and earful from a marshal, Ill ask to swap teams for the next senario or the second half of the day if posible and spot for them.

You are right tho in hind sight it is better to try and help others which is why I asked the question. I think spotting for some one so they have someone to ask is he to close ect is better than trying to teach distance judging. Thank you v much for that I shall do my upmost to enlighten the next geberation of shooters now.

Curtis

Comment

Indeed.

Just been spending a few hours doing my ghillie the thing i brought is HUUUGE 5m long or something crazy.

pretty much finished now, used a sheet to cover my rifle too

all i need now is to either use cam cream on the hessian or spray paint,

doesnt look brilliant without colour and veg but thats a good sign, veg is the edge.

once tis all done ill get pictures.

Comment

And pictures, decided to cam cream the rifle wrap, worked really well actually pleased with it, the actual ghillie it self wont require it, bit of natural, bright colours will work really well with ground zero and its fern country (obviously putting ferns into your ghillie)

sorry they are a bit blurry

Comment

Looking solid. Let us know how it preforms.

Curtis

Comment

Thanks mate will do.

Comment

aye looks good mate.

only thing i would suggest is to take a piece of hessian say 18" square if you have it. then completely take it apart so you have all the strands. then take bunches of those and attach it to the rifle wrap.
                          this will help break up the shape a bit more. especially if you get them different colours.
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Ok mate yea will do that.

Man i have so much spare hessian its insane i could cover my whole suit twice over but its not about 100% hessian, messy is good looks crap its good, for the base that is.

Comment

just had a thought - map reading and the like came up in that sniper cup thread and I read about it on another webiste.

this is a very good point. knowing where you are and how to get some where else at your site can be a MAJOR advantage. especially if you know the back routes.

when I started airsoft at GZ I had not long seen a programme about WW2 spies and how they used to make maps out of silk so they wouldn't rustle or stand out if the guy got padded down.

with that in mind i made myself a map from the image on the gz website. - I copied it onto a piece of DPM as accurately as I could. it has all the tracks, dead zones and bases marked out on it.

a bit OTT you could say but it has come in handy a number of times.

you don't have to make a fabric map but learning the layout of your site is a good idea. it comes with experience I suppose.

at a new site it is more difficult obviously - especially if the boundaries are not marked.

you could ask the site owner to draw you a quick map.
                              mac
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Mind posting a pic up of the map mate im very interested in seeing that!.

Also mate when you play at GZ what team do you play and how often are you down there?

wouldnt mind hooking up with you to do some sniper fun. providing your bravo lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X